Is spacey, clumsy, and in a fog part of this? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is spacey, clumsy, and in a fog part of this? Is spacey, clumsy, and in a fog part of this?

Unread 10-26-2007, 07:58 PM
Is spacey, clumsy, and in a fog part of this?

I am really getting spacey. I am losing things and tripping on things.

Is this my early menopause or my obsession with my surgery or is something else wrong?

Does anyone else feel this way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2007, 08:17 PM

I understand completely....I feel completely out of it these last few days....very strange feeling...I think the surgery is on my mind all the time, even when I don't realize it......I am nervous, but now just ready for it to get here so the healing and normalcy can begin!! =)
Unread 10-26-2007, 08:26 PM

There were times I felt some of these symptoms and I related them to stress. (My SIL refers to it as CRS= can't remember sh@#)
Post-op I figured it was from drugs during and after surgery. It got to the point where I had to look at it with humor or cry about it! It does wear off and get better, if that is any help!

and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2007, 12:35 AM
Me too - clumsy and scatter-brained!

Hi ComfortableLady

join the club!

As well as clumsiness I'm also having 'brain fade'. Last night I drove down the street only to remember that I had left the garage door WIDE OPEN to the world...

Amongst all this I'm also excited about the prospect of getting WELL again soon!

Our operation dates are the same... So practise your physiotherapy exercises, buy up all the things you need now, and let's count down together! Less than two weeks to go

Pauline
Life is good
Unread 10-27-2007, 12:55 AM

Hi ComfortableLady,

My TVH is comming up Nov. 7th and I am definitely on a foggy and emotional roller coaster. I think part of it is preoccupation with my upcomming surgery. It seems to invade everything I do. It's like adding a big huge ball to the other mostly normal sized ones I have to keep in the air. Everything has been thrown off balance.

Stress is also playing a role in my mental state. No matter how well you cope with stress, this is still a pretty big deal. I'm getting as prepared as I can, but a big part of my brain is still out of it. There are projects I know I will feel better if I finish, and yet I find myself sluggish when it comes to actually getting them done.

This is not the normal me! I've read lots of encouraging posts on hystersisters that reassure me I WILL feel like my normal self again. For now I'm just doing the best I can, and looking forward to my old self returning (hopefully sooner than later!). I hope that knowing you are not alone will help.

Take care and good luck!

TulipToo
Unread 10-27-2007, 03:52 AM

Thanks everyone! That does make be feel better. I thought I was having a break down or something.

Libra25 yes lets count down togethter! Are you a Libra? I am a Virgo.
Unread 10-27-2007, 03:56 AM
Libra

Hello ComfortableLady

I'm a well balanced, beautiful Libran! lol

Frustrated at having to wait for surgery - and really getting excited about it all!

As you are a Virgo, I bet you have already done all your cooking, tidying, shopping. Yes, I thought so...

Pauline
Unread 10-27-2007, 04:23 AM

I am packed. And have a plan for everything else. But I am having a dickens of a time cleaning up my craft room. I want it straightened up in hopes I will be able to do a few crafty things during recovery.

I am the type of person who always has Plan A, B, C .........
Unread 10-27-2007, 04:28 AM
Good luck with it

Of course you have plans... that's what Virgos do.

You will have lots of time do to craft work - I hope you are up to it as soon as you'd like.

I haven't worked out what to do. Apart from reading, watching videos, crosswords, and of course the computer. Maybe I will write up Christmas cards...

Anyway - the countdown is on!

Pauline.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register