Has anyone had period nightmares post hysterectomy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Has anyone had period nightmares post hysterectomy? Has anyone had period nightmares post hysterectomy?

Unread 06-09-2016, 09:38 AM
Has anyone had period nightmares post hysterectomy?

I had my hysterectomy on May 19th. I would have had my period around this time had I not had it. Last night I had a nightmare that my period came anyway and I was gushing blood and had to pull out a massive clot that just on coming an coming like pulling magic scarves out of a hat (I actually *did* have an experience like this a couple of months ago where I had to pull a clot out with my hands and it was rather horrifying). I had a hard time falling back asleep. Has anyone else had dreams about getting their period post hysterectomy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2016, 07:17 PM
Re: Has anyone had period nightmares post hysterectomy?

I just had my TVH on Tuesday, but this sounds like the kind of thing my brain would do to me, lol. I've always had crazy vivid dreams, ever since I was a kid, so I won't be at all surprised if I have some dreams like this in my future.

I hope you don't have to deal with too many more. That clot experience sounds awful!
Unread 06-10-2016, 06:51 AM

No. My real life periods were so much of a nightmare in and of themselves that there's nothing my brain could've come up with to scare me, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2016, 04:34 AM
Has anyone had period nightmares post hysterectomy?

Oh my gosh, no. I did have 4 jolt-awake nightmares the first night, which really hurt my abs.
I wonder if you aren't experiencing some PTSD from your horrible clotting and period experiences. Not trying to diagnose you, but gosh have you been through a lot!

Unread 06-11-2016, 11:02 AM

Hi there, The nightmares are hormonal. I had a couple nightmares early into recovery. I can't recall the nightmares, it was something very odd though..The 1st one, really scared me, as I woke up w my heart racing.

When ever I wake up & I can recall my dream, I always question if its realistic or not...If its not realistic, I just dismiss it.. Vivid, realistic dreams are my concern, as I question if its something that could possibly happen or not.

When I was a teen, I had 3 very vivid dreams of my sister (she lived out if state) She became sick, she went to the hospital, then she was feeling better, then in my dream she suddenly passed away. I was so bothered, how I could dream of something so terrible.. School finals were goIng on, I thought stress was causing me to have the terrible dreams. 3 1/2 weeks later, my mom told me that my sister was in the hospital..(I was upset+ recalling my dreams) She was feeling better, then she suddenly passed away. (blood disorder- her red blood cells werent reproducing).

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register