abbreviations??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

abbreviations??? abbreviations???

Unread 02-28-2004, 05:24 PM
abbreviations???

I am new to this site, and I love it. But could someone tell what the abbreviations mean. I want to get the most out of this site.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2004, 05:36 PM
abbreviations

Fred,

First of all welcome. I will try to answer you question. If you go to the bar on top of page, (message boards) on left side scroll down to abbreviations and click, the page will click on. I actually printed it so I would have it. Hope this helps.
Unread 02-28-2004, 07:09 PM
abbreviations???

Hi, here's a link to the list of abbreviations most commonly used.

click here for abbreviations

I hope this helps.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2004, 06:58 AM
New here too

Hi! I'm new here too and wondering about abbreviations. I have already looked at that list of abbreviations in the FAQ but they are not the type of abbreviations I am confused about. I can't find anything in the faq about the abbreviations that refer to conditions, types of surgery, etc. The only place I've seen them spelled out was when I signed up for this site--and even so, when I go back to "edit my profile," I don't see them any more, so I have no idea how I'll go and update my specific surgery-related information when I do learn what type of surgery, etc. I am going to have (consultation on 3/9). For example, I can sort of guess what TAH means, but there are all sorts of other abbreviations along this line that I have no clue about and can't find in the FAQ, which more covers things like "dh" and "rx" and "LOL" and stuff that I knew already ;-).

So, that's two questions, I guess--where do I find out what all those "TAH" "LVsomething" etc. mean, and how do I change the information I entered about my own possible surgery, once I know more facts?
Unread 03-06-2004, 07:07 AM
I found it. I knew it was here somewhere...

Gee I'm good at losing real things, losing my train of thought, now I'm losing cyber things too. Here's the link you want to find out what all those T??? and L??? stuff means... https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/vie...=abbreviations Happy reading!
Unread 03-06-2004, 07:12 AM
Thanks!

Wow, you're fast! ;-) I expect that on Tuesday I'll know which of those I am going to be....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register