Scheduled LAVH Surgery December 21st really getting scared! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery December 21st really getting scared! Surgery December 21st really getting scared!

Unread 12-15-2015, 04:35 AM
Re: Surgery December 21st really getting scared!

I had my LVAH on Sept 28th and I was told due to the size of my uterus it was possible they would have to do a TAH, but he wouldn't know for sure until he got in there. He did the LVAH but found that I had endometriosis as well as fibroids. Regardless they usually work at giving you the easiest procedure they can for you recovery wise. If you are worried about it being switched to a TAH ask your doctor what would make him to change it so you are prepared.
As for recovery everyone is different. My surgery ended at 5 pm and I got to my room at 6. I wasn't discharged until 8 am the next morning. I made the nurse remove the catheter at 10pm and I was walking around my room all night since the bed was too uncomfortable for me to sleep. I only took ibuprofin and tylenol for pain the entire time and by the end of week 2 I had no pain at all. I hope all goes well for you and you can enjoy your christmas! Best wishes to you and a speedy recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2015, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinz4me03 View Post
Hello! I understand how you feel as my surgery is scheduled for today at 1:15pm. I had my pre-op visit today and I asked about bowel cleansers and they said no I didn't need to do this. Some members here have had to do this as apart of pre-op instructions. I'm really concerned about not being asked to complete this as others have. Please ask about this because I'm afraid this is something they left off with me
Not everyone does a bowel cleanse. It is surgery dependent and doctor preference. ONLY do a bowel cleanse if they ask. Under no circumstances are you to do a bowel cleanse, take a laxative, or do an enema unless your doctor has asked you to do this. This is VERY IMPORTANT. Your health depends on following your doctor's orders to the letter.

Unread 12-15-2015, 08:32 PM

I just wanted to give you some reassurance. I had my LAVH last December. I was terrified!! There was definitely a recovery period, but I'm so glad I did it! It honestly took a few months before I was completely feeling good again, but the recovery wasn't awful. And my life is better now! Good luck. It will be okay!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2015, 09:52 PM

I had a LAVH in February'15. Surgery first thing in the morning home next morning. A hint given to me and was wonderful...when you are discharged have a pillow with you. It is placed over your belly under the seatbelt. It makes you feel secure and protects your surgical area. So that's my hint to you. My ONLY discomfort was my lower back from the time on the operating table and emotional discomfort of being in a hospital room (no previous surgeries). The Belly binders are wonderful for sleeping and for walking initially. I agree that your family visiting will be nice but it will also be tiring...it is major surgery even if you are pain free. Best wishes to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register