I have a strange question too | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I have a strange question too I have a strange question too

Unread 03-31-2004, 12:00 PM
I have a strange question too

OK, I need a book titled something like TAH/LSO For Dummies!

I'm assuming my cervix will be removed during the procedure. For those who have gone through this whole procedure before, what effect did the surgery have on sex?

Also, I'm reading a lot about tummy tuck. My doctor didn't mention that - wonder how to go about that? I figure as long as he's there, I could use the help.

I haven't talked to my Dr about bladder repair (he didn't mention that either). My only complaints there is that sometimes I have a hard time completely emptying my bladder. I never thought to bring it up, because it wasn't one of my more immediate complaints. I'm guess my Dr will fix it if he sees it needs fixing. What do you all think? Should I call my Dr to ask all these questions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2004, 12:43 PM
I have a strange question too

Hi The doctor left my cervix in, because he said it looked healthy and that my bladder was attached to it. So you do have a choice i guess, though I told the doctor to use his best judgment while he was in there. I’m glad he did leave it in, there are advantages to having it, even though I still have to get the yearly Pap smear.
I also had a lot of trouble with my bladder before surgery because of my fibroid, which was actually pressing on it and blocking it from emptying too. One day that fibroid blocked it up so completely I couldn’t pee at all and 10 days later I was at the castle having my TAH.
Things are a bit different during sex, but i think over all better for me since that fibroid was also blocking my vagina to some degree and causing lots of pain. Though there is one muscle during contractions that seems to be missing...might be that my uterus also contracted during the "O", oh well. But over all i'm pleased to have it all over with and recovering.

You should tell your doctor anything that’s bothering you before hand.

There is also a wonderful “Resources” page link at the top filled with info on just about everything.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register