Feeling a little bummed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling a little bummed Feeling a little bummed

Unread 08-25-2006, 09:19 AM
Feeling a little bummed

I've just been feeling a little down lately about my progress. I think it's because my 6 month mark is coming up fast and I thought I'd be doing a lot more by now. It's just every time do anything too active I'm thrown back into mild muscle cramping, swelly belly and being exhausted. And when I say too active I mean things not even close to what I was doing before surgery. Granted I've made steady progress on what I can do since surgery, but at this rate it's going to take years! It's like my ab muscles don't all work anymore -- or they're just really weak.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2006, 09:29 AM
Feeling a little bummed

*hugs*

I know how you feel hun.

I'm "only" ten weeks out myself ( somehow I thought the double digit in that would make a difference) and I can't believe how the things I used to do ( like driving about all day running errands) can wipe me out.

I guess it just takes time whether we like it or not.

*hugs*

-LBS
Unread 08-25-2006, 01:57 PM
Feeling a little bummed

LBS is right - it's just going to take time but we all understand how you are feeling.

Here's a to help you through your day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2006, 03:38 PM
Feeling a little bummed

Thanks LittleBluSpider and songinthedark for letting me know I'm not alone. You wouldn't believe how much better I feel with just a little reassurance.

I keep reading that it takes 6 months to a year to feel yourself again. I guess I'm going to be a year girl. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you two will be 6 monthers!

Thanks again!
Unread 08-25-2006, 03:49 PM
Feeling a little bummed

Just wanted to drop in with another for you while you're going through all of this. I was also what I thought was a "slow healer".... But we're not slow -- we're just healing the way we were meant to heal.

That being said, however, if you're having any new concerns or pains, please do go see your doctor. I don't say that to scare you, but what I thought was just slow healing on my part was in fact a large, unresolved hematoma in front of my abdominal wall. I chalked up my pain and what I thought was never-ending swelly belly to a combination of getting older and being overweight.

It doesn't sound like your problems are out of the norm -- but if something doesn't feel right, please don't hesitate to give the doctor a call.
Unread 08-25-2006, 06:21 PM
Almost 6 mos

I'm still surprised how tired I can still get and I'm no spring chicken(64). I do exercise, eat properly and still work. My swelly belly makes me look ridiculous even though I lost 8 pounds.

Anyone else relate?
Unread 08-26-2006, 10:09 AM
Feeling a little bummed

It's funny how simply finding other people like all of you who actually understand has made me feel so much better. Thank you for responding!

mjd2491 - The good news is that my problems aren't new or weird. My doctor seems to see any progress as good, even if it's slow. So at least I'm on the right track. I'm just a "slow healer" like you said. When did you finally feel yourself again?

8janine6 - Congrats on losing 8 pounds! I've gained since surgery, but I know why. Getting down and eating comfort food with not as much exercise is a vicious cycle for me. You have me very impressed. Surely this swelling has to go away eventually!
Unread 08-27-2006, 10:56 AM
Feeling a little bummed

Hello Rose Garden. We share the same surgery date!! I have been back to work since May 9th, and let me tell you, some days are real tough yet. I am a rural mail carrier, lots of lifting, twisting, bending, etc. Went back full time too, which I wouldn't recommend to anyone, but my doctor told me I couldn't hurt myself!! Well, maybe I haven't hurt myself, but go through extra pains I am sure....lol

It's been a tough road, and 6 months coming up soon. It does get a bit easier each week, but still some days I am so exhausted, I just wanna drop. Doc says a year to heal, so I try to stay positive, but some days it's harder than others....lol Luckily I have a wonderful loving DH who reminds me that I am doing great and better than some others, and still have months to heal. Don't know what I would do without him I had cervical cancer, so my next checkup is in October. I think the most frustrating part for me is the swelly belly and the exhaustion, but I know in time it will get better.

Hang in there Rose Garden! We will get there in time
Unread 08-28-2006, 09:18 AM
Feeling a little bummed

Kittiezoo - You're super woman in my book! All that lifting and moving - wow. I'm so glad you're doing so well after dealing with cancer and surgery. I guess it really does take a year to fully recover. Darn.

More power to you and take care!
Your March 6th sister

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register