Need information on Adenomyosis and Hysterctomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need information on Adenomyosis and Hysterctomy Need information on Adenomyosis and Hysterctomy

Unread 10-02-2007, 11:30 PM
Need information on Adenomyosis and Hysterctomy

I'm 32yrs old and have just been told by my Dr that I have Adenomyosis. I've been having symptoms that have been getting worse over the last year. I've never heard of this condition before and was shocked when I was told that I need a hysterectomy. I mean, I'm only 32. I'm in relatively good health, could stand to loose 15 pounds or so. I have 3 children via C-section. Lately, I've been in constant pain for several months with heavy,regular periods and have been spotting for the last three weeks. I'm extremely concerned with the prospect of having a hysterectomy. Any advice I can get would be great.

One of the concerns I have is regarding sex drive. My husband and I have recently, in the last year, gotten back in the groove of sex and I really don't want to mess that up. However, we haven't been able to have sex for the last month due to the pain and spotting. We tried last night, and while he enjoyed it, it was pretty painful for me and I had problems with dryness. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, I've had horrible insomnia and depression for the last several months, though I'm not sure that that is related to this at all. As you can see, I have tons of questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2007, 07:04 AM

Hi!

This is a big decision to make so I'm glad you are here to do some research, ask questions and learn more about the pros and cons to having surgery. It would be a good idea to get a couple of medical opinions before making the final decision, too.

You'll find a lot of good information about adenomyosis in this link to the Resource Database. Look for the category titled Road Less Traveled: Endo - Adeno. Usually adenomyosis isn't positively diagnosed until after surgery. That was the case for me. It was suspected due to family history and my symptoms.

Unfortunately, there are no guarantees with this surgery. One has only to read some of the other forums on this site to know that many women have a less than happy outcome following surgery. As scary as it may be, I think it's a good idea to browse the other message boards of this site to get an idea of the possible complications that are possible.

As for your sex drive, many women have a very satifying sex life after surgery but sadly there are many who do not and regret that they consented to have a hysterectomy. Since there's no way to know what your outcome will be, you'll want to be as certain as possible that you have exhausted any possible alternatives to surgery. Again, this isn't to scare you but rather to inform you. You need to know the possible consequences of having this surgery so that you can make an informed decision.

Here's a link to the Hysterectomy Options Checkpoint with more information that you can discuss with your doctor(s).

Whatever you decide, we'll be here to support you!

s
Unread 10-03-2007, 08:06 AM

I had Adenomyosis and the long periods, daily pain, and very painful sex. My poor DH was deprived for several months and we had only been married two years.
It was my DH that said enough (he couldn't handle me being in that much pain) and told the dr to get it out.
My hyst was the best thing. I felt so much better from the moment I woke up from surgery. The pain was less than it was before. I am 6 weeks post op and got clearance for everything yesterday. So last night was the first pain free sex I have EVER had. I was very surprised that I had never known how good it could be. As far as my sex drive...it is just alittle low right now cuz I just started on HRTs yesterday (Dr wanted me to what to see what and how bad my symptoms were so he could prescribe the right one.) So hopeful it gets better.

Wishing you the best

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register