LAVH-5 weeks post op- pain left hip/ovary | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LAVH-5 weeks post op- pain left hip/ovary LAVH-5 weeks post op- pain left hip/ovary

Unread 06-07-2008, 06:02 PM
LAVH-5 weeks post op- pain left hip/ovary

Hi there! I am almost 5 weeks post op (LAVH-RSO-lkept left ovary) and have developed a "new" type of pain during my recovery. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this and got info as to what caused it.
I woke up to go to the bathroom in the wee hours this morning and had some pain behind my left insicion and ovary. The next few times I got up it was worse. It is hours later and I am experiencing sharp pains in the ovary area, it runs over my hip and into my back-exactly the opposite of ovary.
If I am stading it is more bearable but walking strained it, making me feel like I needed to stretch it out. After being on my feet for an hour and then sitting again it has turned into a sharp, shooting, stabbing type pain.
I am done a weeks worth of antibiotics for a kidney infection and this doesn't seem to be the same type of pain.
I am also weaning from my pain killers and am aware that this can cause muscle type pain but that had been in my upper back and was a different type of dull pain.
I sound like a wreck but really so far this is the only thing to happen to cause me real discomfort, everything else I have been able t pace my way through.I'm confused as to it starting so far into my recovery process.
Any info would be appreciated. Doc's office is closed for the weekend and I don't want to run to the clinic if I can avoid it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2008, 06:50 PM

I had pain in my ovaries (kept both) about 3 months after my hyst. Turned out to be cysts, and they kept coming back. I ended up having them removed last week (the recovery is much faster!!) and feeling much better.
But I also had a lot of scar tissue there that swelled and pinched a nerve in my leg. Call the dr and have them check it out, hopefully it may just be swelling!
My mom told me to have the ovaries removed from the beginning, but the doctors wanted me to keep them since I was awhile away from natural menopause. Ended up that my mom was right, and I am not hearing the end of it now!
Unread 06-07-2008, 06:57 PM

If the pain is getting worse you may want to get it checked out. I had a cyst on my left ovary back in December and the only reason I even knew it was there was because of the extreme pain I ended up in and went to the ER. I thought I was just really bad constipated.....turned out the cyst was bleeding into my ovary. Two months later when I had a repeat US it was gone.

I still wonder if I keep getting them (I kept both my ovaries) because sometimes it feels like someone is twisting one of my ovaries and it varies as to which side its on.

Please keep us posted on how you are feeling and if you are seen by the dr and what they say!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2008, 08:10 PM

Hey CocoChanel,

If you have any change in pain especially if it's sharp you should go directly to emergency ... no matter what!

Since my hyster on April 23, my hubby has dragged me kicking and screaming to emerg with pain. The first time I had a raging UTI, a hematoma on the left side of my abdomen and more significantly, a deep vein thrombosis in my right ovarian vein. I spent 9 days in hospital and I have a nurse visit everyday for injections.

The second time three days ago, I spent 2 daysin hospital and the pain resulted in my bladder being triple it's normal size holding 7 cups of urine instead of 2 cups. This was the result of another UTI, the effect narcotics have on increased bladder retention and once the bladder was stretched it lost muscle memory and it got worse as it filled up. It could no longer empty itself. I now have a catheter for anywhere from 4-10 days.

You know my story pretty much kiddo but please follow your gut and don't wait too long.

Big hugs,
Tracy
Unread 06-07-2008, 08:35 PM

Hey there Coco.. I am going through the same thing Doc says that its cysts on the ovary.. probably just burst, he suggested pain medication. I certainly feel your pain.
Unread 06-08-2008, 04:03 AM

Had exactly the same story and mine also turned out to be a cyst. Mine was just (?) a simple one and was left to sort itself out which it seems to have done okay.
Just my ovary's way of telling me it ain't happy about the way it has been treated!!!
Unread 06-08-2008, 12:44 PM

thanks ladies!! I slept ok last night, it feels like the rest helped to a point. I am up and still a bit achy.

I have some girls from work coming over tonight for a "hello and happy belated b-day" visit-so after some light tidying and getting ready we shall see.

I will definately follow up with the doctor tomorrow if it persists, if it gets worse before the gals come I will pop into the clinic.

I really appreciate the responses and the time you took to respond.

Tracy-thank you for the reminder to not ignore things. I will pay real attention and make sure not to ignore things if it gets worse. I am so sorry you had another setback, it really is a lesson in paying attention to our bodies-I promise you I am following your lead.
Unread 06-08-2008, 01:03 PM

Hey CocoChanel ... so glad to hear things are a little better. You are in my thoughts and keep us posted. Have lots of fun with your friends and belated HaPpY BiRtHdAy!

Hugs,
Tracy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register