Cough and sneeze and leak - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cough and sneeze and leak Cough and sneeze and leak

Unread 01-04-2007, 03:56 PM
Cough and sneeze and leak

I have the same problem with sneezing, laughing and coughing. I mentioned this to my Dr. and she told me that she cannot do bladder repairs, but as luck would have it - the Dr. who is assisting her specializes in it. I made a quick trip to him this week (my TVH is scheduled for 1/9/07) - he did the urodynamic testing and said I am an excellent candidate for a TOT sling. I wouldn't relish the thought of having to go back and I'm glad they can do it all together. He never mentioned a take home catheter though....hmmmmmm. Hope that's not the case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2007, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverchick
So who does the urodynamic testing? I have to go see my GYN as part preop and to discuss my leakage. Will he do the testing or refer out? And what is urodynamic testing?
Testing is done by a Urologist. My Dr said I will drink and fill my blatter and they will have it on a screen so they can see what/where is leaks and so on. I won't know till the 18th when I go.
Unread 01-06-2007, 01:48 AM

Thanks all you ladies! I talked with my dr's nurse and I'm having a test done (probably the one you guys have been talking about) on the 15th and then discuss with doc on the 17th at the pre-op appointment. Sounds like doc can do it if it would be beneficial.
Just want to get this whole thing over with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2007, 05:39 PM

My gyn has been telling me that my bladder was falling for years (as was my uterus). He recently told me that it was too far down and I needed surgery. He immediately sent me to an urologist for a second opinion, and he agreed. I was then sent for the urodynamic testing (which was exactly as described above). The two doctors coordinated their schedules with mine and I will have a LAVH with Ovary removal (don't know initials) and two slings put in (one for the urethra and one for the bladder--I can't wait! I not only leak with coughing, sneezing, or laughing, but if I look sideways!

Please get a second opinion...go to a urologist and only have one surgery, it is better for your body in the long run!
Unread 01-11-2007, 02:21 PM

Why don't they tell us all these things when we are little girls.....and can be more prepared and know the do's and don'ts for when we're older girls...???
Unread 01-17-2007, 08:45 AM

Tomorrow I go see the Uro... wish me luck so I can get this going!
Unread 01-17-2007, 12:52 PM
tvt outcome

That is good to know but can you road run, go to the gym etc without leaking also?? I would be very intesrested to know...sorry that question was for noniohio
nnodg
Unread 01-19-2007, 10:38 AM

Ok so the Uro went good and bad.

The bad was I have to go back in 2 weeks for testing I am waiting to schedule the two DR's to do surgery together, so this makes me have to wait yet again. I asked when I made the appt if they could test that day and they said yes, but didn't.

She told me I have two things, stress incontinence and urgency incontinence. The stress one could be helped by the sling, so that is the one she needs the blatter test on. For the urgency one, she gave me detrol-la. I took one yesterday and it worked right away! It is amazing that I went 7 hrs without having to pee ! It feels like I have a new blatter!!!
Unread 02-09-2007, 11:06 AM

Final update:

When for testing. Resulst are stress incontinence and urgency incontinence. The Detrol LA is working like a charm on both although it isn't suppose to. No surgery needed at this time. Continue on pills for 6 months and do keegles.

I am happy with the results of Detrol!
Unread 02-09-2007, 11:34 AM

This was great info for me as my appt is Monday and now I know what to expect. I'm having both the hyst and my bladder worked on in the same surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register