Preparing for surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Preparing for surgery Preparing for surgery

Unread 06-18-2005, 09:19 PM
Preparing for surgery

My surgery is next Wed and this is my second time to the castle. The first time they sent me home in April because of a cold. The IV was in and everything! I was not ready for this second time through until this weekend. I find that I have to go deep inside to get ready and do some things to nuture myself. I am telling everyone that I am just preparing for a "bad" vacation. Yesterday I had a thought or a message in my mind that I should visualize a healing light entering my abdomen in the operating room and when I see the surgery, thats what I see now when I think about it and it makes me calm. I am planting flowers and cooking lasagne tonight and drinking a glass of wine. Going through this sure helps you live in the moment...you appreciate everything that you can do now because it is now and in a few days life will be different. This is the first time that I am close to having all of my laundry done at once. I am measuring my stomach tonight so I can see how much it changes after the surgery. I went sale shopping today and resisted buying anything with a waistline because my uterus and fibroids are so large, I think I might go down a size! I am 51, work really hard and bought myself a little black sportscar last year. Drove it this evening under the stars, because it will be awhile before I have that pleasure again. I am in sales and one of the things we have learned to do is to write a story as if its a year from now and project how everything turned out. I plan to write my post hysterectomy story tonight. I will let everyone know when I get home from the castle next weekend! Thanks for listening...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2005, 09:27 PM
Preparing for surgery

Oh! The story sounds like such a fun idea!

I hope all goes smoothly for you this time around at the castle.

Keep us posted!

Jo
Unread 06-18-2005, 09:32 PM
Preparing for surgery

Hi, I think I'm going to make some lasagne and freeze it. Thats a great idea. That way I can have some of my favorite comfort foods to speed my recovery. Congrats on buying the car, you deserve it! Patty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2005, 10:07 PM
Preparing for surgery

It sounds like you are well prepared, and I also like the story idea. That could work well for a lot of situations.

All of you sisters facing your big event this weekend will be in my thoughts and prayers!
Unread 06-19-2005, 03:06 AM
Preparing for surgery

Sounds like you are about ready, I am sure that by preparing it will make things so much easier when you get back home...I did all of my groceries and things before I went in also...DH and Children have been a blessing...had TVH and BOS on the 14th, was released on the 15th...so far so good...Gas, is the big problem..lots of Gas...make sure and get some Gas X and smooth move tea...Gas-X has been a real life saver for me...I have not had a problem with BM...and consider myself fortunate...Good Luck! Brenda
Unread 06-19-2005, 08:54 PM
Preparing for surgery

One of my best friends sent me an e-mail recently reminding me to try to "live in the moment." It's difficult to do, but it does make things easier when you live to enjoy things rather than to worry about the "what if's?" Swimming today in the hot June sun was my "live in the moment" treat to myself today. I go in Wednesday also, so I'll send good thoughts your way as well. Good luck to you. Bonzai!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register