6 weeks Post-op Total Hysterectomy and Dermoid Tumour | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 weeks Post-op Total Hysterectomy and Dermoid Tumour 6 weeks Post-op Total Hysterectomy and Dermoid Tumour

Unread 03-12-2017, 06:11 AM
6 weeks Post-op Total Hysterectomy and Dermoid Tumour

Hi All
Karen here. 48yrs old, mother of 2 beautiful kids normal births but it seems my entire Adult Hood plagued with Reproductive Problems which ranged from extreme bleeding, clotting, extreme pain, lengthy days to weeks of having heavy bleeding, bad hip pains which got worse over the years and then countless Appointments with 4 different Gynecologist's, numerous Doctors, Internal external scans, ultrasounds, xrays, Hospital Surgeons from 2 different Hospitals and I got the same round about answers without actually getting an answer and sent on my way... I decided enough said to my Doctor this is not right I am bleeding and clotting for weeks. My right hip is so sore only when I lay down.. im given a script to stop my periods and im told well, brushed off again about my Hip pain. I started not sleeping I was sleeping on the couch Dr would not prescribe more then Nurophen. I knew something wasnt right.
Sent myself to a Gynecologist, referred me for scans and im told I have a 7cm tumour on my right ovary. Set for an Ablation for the heavy periods, IUD, and Right ovary to be removed. Surgeons went in .. surprise no tumour except such severe endometriosis my ovaries, fallopian tubes, Uterus which was had reverted and so, operation stopped. I woke to be told in a daze no tumour but endometriosis tho, your 47 had kids basically nearly 50 no need really to go further as ill be menopausal. I remember crying as it wasnt what I expected I thought a tumour was going to be removed and ive been operated on and everyone including Gyno's and Surgeons did not pick up it wasnt a tumour and the 1st time Im told I have endometriosis.
So, after another referral, another App with Hospital 6 months later. My right leg, my hip is really hurting I am not getting any pain relief and terrible pulling stripping feelings inside my belly. This Surgeon tells me he has never heard off this pain in my hip not linked to endometriosis. Im set for Surgery total Hysterectomy he recommends with my Endo and also asks me if I want to go ahead with syrgery.. im at breaking point by this point with relentless pain, bloating unwell.
2 and half hours told be in Hospital 2-3 days max. Woke up 7 hours later and not very good coming out of the anesthetic. 2 Surgeons become 4 Surgeons as the Endometriosis had diseased my bowel. I had to get my bowel cut to get the diseased endometriosis out and whilst removing my uterus, tubes, ovaries which were in his words cemented together everything was fused to my right Pelvis.
Once they removed this mass ... my Surgeon finds a 7.2cm Dermoid tumour embedded into my right pelvis.
My Surgeon said he had not seen such a bad case of endometriosis.
I am telling u this because my Recovery in Hospital was 4 days on Morphine. I was so very pleased it was done keyholes.
Going home yes very sore belly, bowels did not work 5 days after tho, bed rest and 15mg Targin Slow release pain killer I slept and slept.
I have not had one day since Op and 6 weeks later any pain in my Right hip or leg. Keyholes healed.
I have lost weight and have not had any hot flushes or menopausal symptoms 6 weeks later.
I have had sexual urges and truthfully I know I need to look into HRT but im feeling better then I have in many years..
Sorry this is so long.
Hugs
Karen xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2017, 05:38 PM
Re: 6 weeks Post-op Total Hysterectomy and Dermoid Tumour

Your story is pretty amazing given the pain you were in, what they found internally and the surprise of a dermoid tumor.

When you've hit the 2 month mark, please consider sharing your story in our Hysterectomy Stories library. You can find the link in the navigation pane to the right under I Am a HysterSister. I think it would be an inspiration to other Sisters. Thanks for sharing here!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register