Sharp Burning Sensation on my left side by bikini cut incision? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sharp Burning Sensation on my left side by bikini cut incision? Sharp Burning Sensation on my left side by bikini cut incision?

Unread 05-29-2005, 05:51 AM
Sharp Burning Sensation on my left side by bikini cut incision?

Will be two weeks tomorrow from my surgery and over the last few days I've been having a sharp burning sensation on the left side close to my incision. At first I thought I just sat up wrong but the sensation is getting more constant. Mostly sitting up irritates it when before a few days ago sitting was no problem. It seems to happens when I move certain ways- but I've yet to figure out exactly which way that is or believe me I would stop doing it. Walking doesn't irritate it. Starts mostly from changing from lying to sitting. OR from sitting to standing/walking. or from standing to lying down. I will call my doctor after the weekend to follow up with them--but thought someone might have some insight on what causes this and if there are any suggestions on relieving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2005, 08:55 AM

I'm sorry you're dealing with these problems I'm also relieved that you're planning to call your doctor: any new pain, even more so one that is increasing and will not go away, should be reported to a doctor.

Hopefully, it is all part of normal recovery or something that will easily be delt with.

Lots of s are going your way. Please, do keep us posted.
Unread 05-29-2005, 08:55 AM

Did you over do it when the pain started? It could just be the healing process, however if you are not feeling better and if the pain is a sudden result of an action taken, maybe you should call the doc on call?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2005, 10:19 AM

yes yes yes!!!......I call them zingers....it hurts reeeeeally bad.Stop me in my tracks now.Mine is on the right,pubic region and down where underware elastic sits...it is the worst thing I've ever felt.I woke from surgery feeling really bruised on the pubic bone too.I have days where it feels like someone is pulling every hair down there......and I mostly feel the lightening like,burning pain when I get up from laying down or twist just the right way getting out of the chair.I called doctor and she said normal healing.I have a hard time with that.I HURTS,and with everything else feeling ,and going as normal it's frustrating....I cry sometimes.I dread getting up,and put off naps because of it.....let me know what your doc. says please.......good luck

I am almost 3 weeks out and it started about a week and a half ago......
Unread 05-31-2005, 12:07 PM

I get zingers too.
I've had pain on my left side from the day of surgery to currently.
My Doc says there's a knot of muscle on each side of pelvis (right where bikini cut ends) that can spasm. Some parts have had more pressure or trauma to them than others.
Also remember that they cut you open and put retractors in to hold your flesh back and you also have layers of stitches and things that have been cut in there. Any of your nerves might hurt when they start waking up.
As long as you're not overdoing it I think a zinger or (two..hundred) might be expected.
Glad you're calling your Doc though - it's best to get reassurance from the person who knows your case.
You might ask about using an ice or heat pack to help calm the nerves.
Unread 05-31-2005, 12:13 PM

Zingers (Stingers to me) are GOOD pain... they are your nerve endings finding each other and reconnecting. Be thankful for each and everyone of them!

Sounds like a ligament because it comes with movement - had that happen this past Sunday - Doc says rest and heat -- mine subsided in 2 days (but then I am 8 weeks tomorrow). Try varying your sitting or laying position every 30 minutes to keep it from getting stiff or having too much pressure on it.

Hope it eases up for you.
Unread 05-31-2005, 12:22 PM

Hope you have talked to your Dr by now and it's nothing serious. I had zingers really bad last week(2wks post) and was afraid to get in bed cause I knew that getting out would probably mean a zinger. Dr said it was normal healing and waking up of nerves etc. I haven't had a bad one since last Fri, thank the Lord. I just wanted to offer you hope, mine seem to have been temporary. I am feeling much better this week and I hope you are too. BTW, I also have bikini incision and zinger was on left side.
Unread 05-31-2005, 03:37 PM
update

I checked with the Dr and said it was the nerve endings healing. IT seems to come and go after a few days and then it may come back or show up somewhere else. So I guess just part of the normal process of healing. Oh can't wait until I'm feeling back to somewhat normal. With the belly swelling going down and the numbness, which I have been told there may be areas that never feel the same. Thanks to everyone for sharing your answers, this is a really great website.
Unread 06-15-2005, 06:10 AM
burning

Thank you thank you! I called my doc and he wasn't concerned, but it hurts really bad getting out of bed in the morning. Itwas standing up also but it has gotten better.
Unread 06-20-2005, 01:30 AM

Hello, I am only 6 days post-op and also have terrible fire shooting pain from my bikini cut incision down over my entire pubic bone area. The only way I can describe it is like someone stuck a lot branding iron on me. I actually called my doctor and asked if this was normal as nobody had ever mentioned this to me.He said that it is normal and that I should rest more and use a heating pad and "snug" underware. I have done as instructed but continue to get these pains. Thank goodness I am otherwise doing great. I wonder if anyone out there can say how long this may last?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register