Went to pre-op still nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Went to pre-op still nervous Went to pre-op still nervous

Unread 10-02-2006, 05:38 PM
Went to pre-op still nervous

I went for my pre-op with my doctor, was given bowel prep not one but two I do one tomorrow and one the day before. Tonight is the last night of real food, liquids starting tomorrow and clear liquids the day before, I have to work those two days this should be fun, I am a cashier at a grocery store...lol. Talked about the chance of cancer, have a tumor on my left ovary. They are getting that first and doing the hysterectomy while they wait for the results from the lab. Hopefully it is nothing. I am trying not to stress out to much...sort of working, my boyfriend is gone till wednesday he is hunting, I miss him. Trying to keep my kids calm, figure out what to do with them. Feel like I am losing my mind. Just want to vent. Thanks for listening!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2006, 05:45 PM

I'll say a prayer for you! Vent anytime, I just posted my ventilation (?), too! That's what sisters are for.
Unread 10-03-2006, 07:17 AM

I'm sending prayers and big s your way.
Don't forget to have some soft wipes handy for when you do the bowel prep.

S S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2006, 08:09 AM

Greetings from a former Michigan native. I was in the Detroit area too! I am in Oklahoma as I married a man living here. Is very, very different from MI. But I miss the crisp fall mornings, we get very few here.

Now, calm down! It will be okay. I know the nerves are there the anxiety, etc. But it will work out. In the end you will be better for it. Take some deep breaths, appreciate the beauty of the world, listen to some calming music, and try to stay upbeat. I know, it is hard not to think of the surgery...Mine is still 16 days away and it is all I can think about. Am trying to work, staying busy and getting last minute things done. Best wishes on the "coronation"...and a speedy recovery to you. It won't be long now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register