losing weigh..is this normal?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

losing weigh..is this normal?? losing weigh..is this normal??

Unread 03-31-2010, 07:46 PM
losing weigh..is this normal??

So it has only been a week and a half since my tah with right ovary removal and i have lost 15lbs. Is this normal? Not doing anything different...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2010, 07:55 PM
Re: losing weigh..is this normal??

wow - that's an awful lot for 1.5 weeks. You've been eating like normal? Was that your weight before surgery or how much you've lost since you've been home? I know a lot of us have dropped a lot quickly after getting rid of all of the excess water weight from the IV fluids.

I was on a weight loss program before my surgery and totally disregarded everything and ate really bad at home until I was ready to go back and was convinced I'd put all my weight back on. Nope, I'd LOST 3 more pounds.

The weight loss lady said she wasn't surprised, that surgery takes a lot of us.

Good luck with your recovery - if you keep losing weight - I'd ask the doc though. Especially if you can't afford to lose.
Unread 03-31-2010, 08:00 PM

I can afford to lose the weight.. before i had surger i was 196 and now i am down to 181...I am still eating like i was prior to surgery and have not been as active... like that i am losing the weight but worried about the amount in the amout of time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2010, 09:19 PM

I'd have to agree..that is a ton of weight! Did you have alot of edema post op? Do you know what your weight was since you left the hospital?

I've lost a few lbs and I"M SOO happy about that! haha.
Unread 04-01-2010, 05:26 PM

That seems like quite a bit... I have lost about 7 pounds... but I could care less about food right now
Unread 04-01-2010, 06:27 PM

Don't know about normal, but I'm not complaining.

I had a hysterscopic myomectomy 1/6 and the following week I realized that I'd lost 10 lbs! AND it stayed off during my vacation!

Now, after my TLH on 3/10 I've lost another 15 lbs. And since then, while I'm not dieting, or really exercising I've only gained back 2!

I still have a LOT of weight to lose (another 100 wouldn't hurt at all) so it might have something to do with my size. Or the size of my fibroids and uterus.

I will say that it is the most expensive diet I've ever been on!
Unread 04-01-2010, 07:12 PM

Girls, my endo was so bad that I was ten pounds lighter right after my surgery from them removing my uterus. Now the that the swelling is starting to go away I have notice that I'm starting to get slimmer also.
Unread 04-01-2010, 07:35 PM

Oh man, I'm so envious. At first I gained weight due to fluids, now I'm the same as I was at surgery. I've love to lose 15 pounds. Maybe your getting out and walking more than me.
Unread 04-01-2010, 08:08 PM

I've noticed that too. I'm 11 lbs down from my surgery (March 23). Food doesn't taste good right now, and I really don't have an appetite. I'm not complaining...I could stand to lose it...I'm trying to eat plenty of fresh fruit and veggies since I'm not really eating anything of nutritional value....and here I thought I wouldn't have any self control being at home all day...but, it's not appealing right now. OH, and popsicles..now, those taste pretty good.
Unread 04-01-2010, 08:27 PM

I lost about 10 pounds the first week after surgery. I'm 5 weeks post op and it is still gone. I'm not a large person 5'4". Went in weighing 124 and currently weight between 112-114 depending on the time of day. I had lots taken out, but the dr. said that only accounted for about 2 pounds. Since surgery I've gone from drinking about 3-4 Dr. Pepper's a day to one of one and a half. Personally, I think it is because I am not at work and the stress level is way down. I was also severely anemic before surgery and now take iron supplements 3x/day. Who knows, but I wouldn't consider myself abnormal, so losing weight must be normal

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register