Pricking feeling that feels like pins - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pricking feeling that feels like pins Pricking feeling that feels like pins

Unread 11-09-2011, 06:37 AM
Re: Pricking feeling that feels like pins

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesisters View Post
Thank you. But I feel something sharp and it feels like a bed of stiches, very sharp just inside the opening where the vaginal cuff is.
I went to see a doctor yesterday- Mind you, not my doctor.

Yesterday made one month since my surgery 10/11/11 and to date no call or contact of any kind, not even any notes in my folder of him asking of my progress. No concern from my surgeon. I put my life in his hands.

For my first post op appt I seen a nurse, my doc was not available. I informed her that I had a pricking feeling, very sharp and a lot of pain. They than tried to use the 3D sonogram device inside of me where my new stiches were, I kept saying no, it hurts and why should this be done so early. She said she would be extra gentle, I could not do it. I was given a new script for pain pills and released.

I was rescheduled and "you guessed it" the nurse again. Again, I informed the nurse of the continued pain and she seen that right away and said, "I can see that you are in a lot of pain, I won't examine you today. We will reschedule in a couple of days.

I feared they would try to put that 3D sonogram back inside of me, and the pain has been unbearable.. so I cancelled and wanted to wait atleast another week since I have been doing a lot of research online and with you "Hystersisters" for the time frame of stiches to desolve is between 3-4 weeks. Atleast if the 3D sonogram hurt, than I am in no danger of them breaking the stiches.

Due to the extreme pain, I had to call in and I demanded to see the doctor on call and not a nurse again. I was scheduled for 11/9 (yesterday)

Well as I said, yesterday I seen the on call doctor. I had a list of questions and apologized for how long the list was. The doctor was very sweet and ready to answer all my questions but told me he was not sure on a few of my questions since there were very little op notes entered and it was not clear as to what was done.

I told him of the constant pain and discomfort, he said he would examine me to see what was going on. He than told me that the stiches were desolving, there was one that was lose but he would not pull it. He than said, there is something sticking out very sharp, I was relieved for a moment, finally someone understands!

I was told that I would have to have another procedure! I asked the doctor why the nurse was not able to figure that out, and I could have had it done already from my first pre op appointment. He replied, she is not a surgeon and she would not know. He told me not to worry but it could be one of the following: permanent stiches are poking through, sissors have been left in, or there is vaginal mesh.

I told him- oh no, it can not be vaginal mesh - I explained that my doctor and I went over the mesh and I can not under no circumstances get the mesh, I have a auto immune deficiency that is (alopecia areita) and my hair falls out. I do not want anything foreign inside of me that would cause my blood to attack my hair follicles again. I showed him my bald patches and he understood and said - ok, no mesh.

So now the question remains - what was used for suspension to hold up the other organs? And what is sticking out of me that we wont know untill I am cut open.

I am on my 4th bottle of pain pills- including the new script from yesterday!

Somebody, Anybody HELP ME PLEASE!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register