Scheduled dVH/RALH dVH scheduled for 7/22 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

dVH scheduled for 7/22 dVH scheduled for 7/22

Unread 07-14-2013, 02:07 PM
Re: dVH scheduled for 7/22

I am having DaVinci. I have yet to meet someone who regrets this decision so I really hope I have a positive outcome too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2013, 03:15 PM

I'm sure you will. .. best wishes. ..xo
Unread 07-16-2013, 09:06 AM

Had my blood drawn yesterday for pre-screening. I'm getting nervous as the countdown begins. I'm glad our liquid only day is Sunday and not on a work day!
~ Susan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2013, 09:17 AM

One foot in front of the other, you are on your way!!!!
Sounds like a lot of sisters are going in on July 22!
Unread 07-17-2013, 11:47 PM

I just read on some posts that some people wake up with an irritated throat from intubation. I can't think of a worse time to be coughing than right after the surgery! I don't remember if they did that for my ablation back in February. If so, it didn't bother me at all. Anybody here experience something similar?
Unread 07-18-2013, 05:38 AM

DaVinci here 6/3/13. No regrets. Best wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery to everyone!!
As for a scratchy throat, from the breathing tube your throat may be irritated (mine was fine). I brought hard candy to suck on since my mouth was so dry which helped a lot.
Unread 07-20-2013, 01:09 AM

Having a bit of insomnia, and this iPad does not help! Still, found some useful info on the dreaded bowel prep, thought I'd share. Since I can't post links, you can find this link by going to (put the 3 w's in front)

endometriosis.org/resources/articles/how-to-survive-a-bowel-preparation/
Unread 07-20-2013, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybolo View Post
Jmasters - glad to hear your recovery is going well! And I just realized everyone is having dVH on 7/22 - how did I miss that? Hope it goes well for all of us!

I am also in the Chicago area.Doing it at Sherman Hospital in Elgin! My surgeon delivered my daughter (c-section) 4 years ago and did my ablation back in February, and while that only worked for a few months, she was very clear that there is a 10-20% chance that it wouldn't be a permanent solution. So, I feel like I'm in good hands.
I had 2 c-sections and the dVH was so, so, so, much easier! Much less pain and much easier recovery! Having said that, it is still surgery so be sure you really take it easy the first weeks and heal properly!

Best of luck to each you!!
Unread 07-20-2013, 12:20 PM

My throat was fine and I was in surgery for 5hrs... (total hysterectomy and gallbladder removal) hot tea helps. .I had a bit of a cough. .they'll encourage that to clear your chest. ..but no pain! Bowl prep isn't tough. . You'll be hungry but that's about it. . Best wishes. ..xoxo
Unread 07-20-2013, 08:41 PM

Well first of all I wish all of u ladies scheduled for 7/22 the best of luck!😊 I had the DaVinci 7/2 and I am doing really well! It has been a fairly simple recovery for me so don't worry to much ladies u will do great! 😀

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register