pre op jitters | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pre op jitters pre op jitters

Unread 12-04-2003, 09:44 PM
pre op jitters

Some one please help me I am going through a lot with my daughter, husband Son says he is going to annoy my even while I am sick (he is 12) Just kinda scared Mom went into hospital a year older than me and didnt come out. Stepmom is a nurse coming up to stay with me but being this far away from friends and family is kinda scary. My Dad cant make the trip. Daughter noved out and doesnt speak to us. But enough about that. Never had any kinda of surgery to speak of. Just having kids. LOL. All hubby had to say after he found out was "See if he will take out that pooch" I have lost about 70 lbs already have found out I have diabetes type 2 just kinda scared again I say. My surgery is the 11th. I drive a school bus for special ed kids, dont want to leave them either they make me feel so good when im out and come back. Well blabbered on enough i guess. Got the book from my sister that i dont really talk to but at least she is thinking aobut me now. God luck to everyone and take care. Trust in the one above.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2003, 10:22 PM
pre op jitters

Hi tenntexan,

I just wanted to over a little . I never had any kind of surgery before this either. It is a little bit scarey. I don't have much family. I only had my husband to see about me after surgery. I have one dd away at college and the other one lives far away in the east. I can understand about the family issues. My brother is not too close and lives in Co.

I did just fine after a couple of days with dh taking off for a few days. When I was finally by myself I had easy to fix things for breakfast and lunch. I kept all the things I needed in the day close at hand and just slept, read, watched tv and got on computersome.

The surgery was not too bad, not much pain for me. They give you meds for the pain and that helps a lot.

That is nice your sister sent you the book, that shows she is thinking of you.

Sorry you have diabetes, but you have done real well losing all that weight. It should help you with the diabetes issue.

I wish you the best of luck for your surgery and a smooth recovery so you can heal and get back to those special kids of yours.

s
Unread 12-04-2003, 10:23 PM
When it rains, it pours...

I can relate to all of the stresses of life and family, and as always, right at the holidays...I can share my experiences of my Hyst with you. I had a TAH on 11/24 and was well enough to come home on 11/25. It wasn't a walk in the park but not as horrible as I dreamed it would be. I had to climb steps due to the layout of the house. I was off Percocet at day 3 and only use Vicoden at night to help me sleep. I haven't driven yet but I'm not really ready to do that yet. I had a few bouts with gas and constipation but with the help of our Sisters here, I was very well prepared for just about everything. I get uncomfortable at night, early evening, if I've done too much. Walking does help! I went out Tues. and Wed. night of this week to help DBF finish his Christmas shopping. Just walked around a few stores and mainly waited in line. I've started sleeping through the night since then. I think I tuckered myself out. I'm glad you have a job you love. I don't know the reasons for your surgery, but I can say from experience that if you don't take care of yourself first, you'll be no good to anyone else. I've had a real change in alot of things since my surgery, attitude, outlook on things, self confidence, etc. I've even started to think about sex and it's not even been 2 weeks since Hyst. If you have problems that are resulting in the decision to have surgery, I'd have it done. When it's all over, you'll be able to deal with your other issues more effectively, diabetes, family, etc. My symptoms wore me down so much I couldn't function. Feel free to get with me. I'd be happy to help another sister!!!
Hugs,
Loretta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2003, 11:00 PM
pre op jitters

Hi there,
I think being scared is almost the worst part. Pain becomes so consuming and just part of my life, that its even hard to think about what it will really feel like. I applaud your losing weight! It is such a hard thing to do. I understand being scared. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Best wishes,
Julie
Unread 12-07-2003, 09:22 PM
Thank you

Dear sisters thank you so much for caring. To tell u a little more of myself I am 41 have dd 19 (estranged ) at the time and one "I dont know if u want call him darling " son 12. I have fibroid tumors large enough to seem 4 mths pregnant and cysts on my ovary. Can u help me on this 1 too? Hubby has a past on pc with women but said it was all over found out he was again but says he was talking to people because of this surgery ( i doubt it) He (and I) dont know what it does as far as family, me, him. I just say we will find out. U see he is 1 says he is king of castle. I love him and have stuck with him through everything but am a little worried again about what will happen to us. I know dumping a lot on people about my probs but just need input .

Again THANK U

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register