home from castle | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

home from castle home from castle

Unread 07-13-2005, 02:25 PM
home from castle

Recovery started out fine and normal but what a day I had yesterday (day 3). I woke up with a sore shoulder, thought I slept on it wrong but it got so bad all at once at noon that I couldn't even scream, Couldn't talk or breathe! I actually hyperventilated for 6 hours, its the best breathing I could do. The tears were just pouring down my face, my oldest daughter, was with me and she was freaking, didn't know what to do, she called the hosp. they told her to call the dr. and they were all out to lunch so she called the nurse back and they said for me to go to the er or the walk in. I didn't think I could take the 30 min. drive to the er so DH took me to the walk in. They were packed with sick people so I ended up waiting an hour, all the time hyperventilating and couldn't even open my eyes. I NEVER felt that kind of pain in my life! Natural childbirth was a lot less painful even. When the dr. finally saw me she was worried, she thought I had a pulmonary embolism, she had me taken to x ray right away and they put in an iv and took 5 viles of blood. They found a UTI but that wasn't the problem, it was a big pocket of gas broke free and was around the diaphram and irritating the nerves there and that's why it hurt so much to breathe, I was there 6 hours and it got better, if it didn't get better I was going to have to go back to the hospital for a cat scan. It was a bad night, I couldn't sleep on my back at all, the pain got severe so I slept on one side and woke up every 3 hours in pain so I took tons of pain pills last night. IT was NOT fun! oy! Today I'm wiped out totally, feel awful and I still can't take a deep breath or lay on my back, called the dr. again today and she said it could take 10 days to get better but if it gets severe again to go to the hospital. So I hope it doesn't. Today I had to go to the bathroom and with all going on yesterday I forgot to take the senekot and ended up pushing so hard that I'm bleeding now, honestly I should just pack it in and knock myself out for about a month! LOL! So recovery has not been easy so far that's for sure! . Well I have to go take some senekot! Don't want to make that mistake again! LOL! Hope to return tomorrow with a happier post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2005, 02:42 PM
home from castle

Awww honey !!!!! Heres a great big just for you !!!!
Hope it makes you feel a little better. and yea I know how those days are you just
want to sit in the corner and go Take a nap if you can or just sit in the recliner and watch your favie movie.

Love to ya
Unread 07-13-2005, 03:56 PM
home from castle

Thanks for the hug, It felt good! LOL! I needed it today. Ya,
I have been trying to rest today, normally I don't sit still all day
so its been a challenge but today it wasn't! Thanks for your
note of encouragement! take care !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2005, 04:20 PM
home from castle

Awww, I am so glad you didn't have an embolism. But feel for you with the problem with breathing. That is very scary when it is happening. Hopefully it will resolve in a lot less than 10 days. I'll be thinking of you.
Unread 07-13-2005, 05:35 PM
home from castle

You poor dear!! I will be looking for your post tomorrow and hoping that you are feeling much better!

Take care of yourself,
Klia
Unread 07-14-2005, 01:11 PM
home from castle

Thank you, it is slow but yes I am feeling better! Thanks for your posts.
Still can't lay flat on my back w/o the shoulder pain kickind in but it
is much better. I'm finally able to do a little scrapbooking and knitting.
Hope your recover is going well, take care
Unread 07-14-2005, 01:29 PM
home from castle

When I was at work talking about going in for surgery, everyone was telling me about the "pain in the shoulders from the gas", and from reading your posts, i'm glad it was in my intestines! I'm so sorry that you're going thru that kind of pain. The girls at work who went thru that told me that the only way they got rid of it was to walk, walk, walk. The blood pumping thru your body helps break up the gas bubble??

I hope you feel better soon
Bernadette
Unread 07-14-2005, 01:38 PM
home from castle

Hugs that is no fun!! Rest and Rest
Unread 07-14-2005, 01:44 PM
home from castle

Thank you all, I just read posts on here of other ladies who have had this same pain in their shoulders and back and like me couldn't sit back or lie down w/o awful pain, just glad to know its not a blood clot, that was a concern, but I guess it happens! hope you ladies are all doing well, take care

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register