June 25 is H day | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

June 25 is H day June 25 is H day

Unread 06-10-2007, 08:00 PM
June 25 is H day

hello girls I have wrote to you before and everyone has been so great about letting me know what to expect and you helping me feel better.....

my surgery is scheduled for June 25 and my pre op test for blood work etc is set for June 22....

My doc told me he will make 3 small incisions in my tummy and remove everything vaginally....it will be a complete hyster...

He said my recovery is set for a 4 week period...he said in about a week I should feel real good but to be careful..

now I have questions............for you ................

for those of you that have had surgery like this is it real painful

how long do you have to be in the hosp...(My ins only wants to pay for 23 hrs.)

Will sex feel any different after everything is removed...

I know I wont have a period anymore but do you bleed after surgery...

I was told right after surgery you start with hot flashes is that true...

I have andeomosis and PCOS once I have this done should it be easier to loose weight...( The PCOS has cause me to have weight gain,high blood pressure and cholestrol, insulin resistant...and of all things facial hair.)
My doc said after the sugery you dont loose a large amount ...cause your uterous only weighs a few oz.....

will I be able to wash dishes, vaccum, clean do laundry etc the usual or not???

Im sorry to be full of questions...I am anxious for it to be over and to start feeling better but Im scared too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2007, 08:08 PM
June 25 is H day

Pattiepooh, I'm with you

Mine will be June 21st LAVH...if anyone can answer any of above ??...please do so, any advise, knowledge will be helpful!!!

Thanks!!
Unread 06-10-2007, 09:23 PM
June 25 is H day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattiepooh
hello girls I have wrote to you before and everyone has been so great about letting me know what to expect and you helping me feel better.....

my surgery is scheduled for June 25 and my pre op test for blood work etc is set for June 22....

My doc told me he will make 3 small incisions in my tummy and remove everything vaginally....it will be a complete hyster...

He said my recovery is set for a 4 week period...he said in about a week I should feel real good but to be careful..

now I have questions............for you ................

for those of you that have had surgery like this is it real painful

how long do you have to be in the hosp...(My ins only wants to pay for 23 hrs.)

Will sex feel any different after everything is removed...

I know I wont have a period anymore but do you bleed after surgery...

I was told right after surgery you start with hot flashes is that true...

I have andeomosis and PCOS once I have this done should it be easier to loose weight...( The PCOS has cause me to have weight gain,high blood pressure and cholestrol, insulin resistant...and of all things facial hair.)
My doc said after the sugery you dont loose a large amount ...cause your uterous only weighs a few oz.....

will I be able to wash dishes, vaccum, clean do laundry etc the usual or not???

Im sorry to be full of questions...I am anxious for it to be over and to start feeling better but Im scared too
I had a LAVH, I was in the hospital 2 nights.
I have a high pain tolerance, I only had to push my morphine button 2 times.
I was off work 6 weeks, I have a desk job. The Dr. told me to put in for 8 weeks just in case I needed extra time.
I had very little bleeding but did wear a panty liner for about 6 weeks due to a discharge. The Dr. said some women have a discharge for 3 months.
You will not be able to vacumn, you will feel good but do not do any pushing pulling just do plain old walking & drink lots of water. I had a lifting restriction of no more than 5 lbs.
I myself think sex is better, having no cervix now orgasms seem more intense.
It took me a couple of weeks to start with the hot flashes!
My uterus was so large by the 3rd week post op I had lost 13lbs.
Everyone is different, you may or may not do any of this. Please listen to your Dr!

mshowdy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2007, 05:57 AM
June 25 is H day

thank you so much...Im really nervous but cant wait for the pain to be over...half the time I feel like I have appendicitis again the other half I feel like Im in labor again..

I am doing some major house cleaning the next 14 days so I can come home to a clean house with nothing to do...I have 4 sons ages 13 to 21 that will be of big help too so that should help..

I would love to hear from any of you other girls too...

do any of you recommend a hysterectomy book to read to before hand...

you all are the best...thanks..

Ihave been worried about sex afterwards as my doc is a man and he said it would be no different..
Unread 06-11-2007, 08:00 PM
June 25 is H day

Pattipooh,

I feel so much better after my LAVH and I have so much more energy.

I always wonder how the male Dr.'s know what a female will feel & not feel!

mshowdy
Unread 06-11-2007, 08:15 PM
June 25 is H day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattiepooh
thank you so much...Im really nervous but cant wait for the pain to be over...half the time I feel like I have appendicitis again the other half I feel like Im in labor again..

I am doing some major house cleaning the next 14 days so I can come home to a clean house with nothing to do...I have 4 sons ages 13 to 21 that will be of big help too so that should help..

I would love to hear from any of you other girls too...

do any of you recommend a hysterectomy book to read to before hand...

you all are the best...thanks..

Ihave been worried about sex afterwards as my doc is a man and he said it would be no different..
Now.. I have to comment on the last line there.. isn't is hilarious how a MAN can tell you it will be the same?!?! Now, I have no clue since mine isn't till the 29th but I have to giggle when they give me opinions on things they can't "feel" I'm not by any means spekaing down on them.. it just makes me laugh.. wonder who's side he's talking about being the same?? The men's opinion or the womens? Ok.. enough of my sarcastic I've pointed that out to my dr and he got a good chuckle out of it.. men.. hahahaha

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register