anyone released without a pelvic exam? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

anyone released without a pelvic exam? anyone released without a pelvic exam?

Unread 09-25-2008, 12:07 PM
anyone released without a pelvic exam?

Kristine1974-I do not have children.

Spencer01-I like your idea about family doc.

This guy is a GYN ONC/Surgeon and is pretty full of himself. I don't look diseased, I was not feeling bad...just bleeding like crazy (I am 44-not post meno at the time). when I first went to see him (I was referred by my gyn) he said I don't look like I have endometrial cancer...well egg in his face. it was and is.

Since I experienced disconnect from the nurses in his office early on when scheduling the surgery, I decided that my follow up treatment (chemo) would not be with him. good thing. cuz, not checking me out before releasing me is crazy.

thanks for the help ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2008, 12:12 PM

Not all doctors are created equal and you should follow up with your family doctor as suggested. I'd be weary of dealing with this surgeon again even if he did do a good job. Your psychological state is important to your physical healing and if you feel uneasy, stress kicks in and does all kinds of things you don't see. Be proactive and push for more answers. If your family doctor is not able to give you answers, ask him/her to recommend someone else to see. There are surely other GYN's that can be more compassionate and professional.

I'm almost at the 4 week point and I know I'm not ready to push any limits yet.

good luck
Unread 09-25-2008, 09:26 PM

I went to my ob for my 2 week appt. She checked the incision and we talked. She said she would see me in March for my annual. I'm like What?? I went to my GP to have staples removed because OB is an hour drive away. Today I went to GP because I have a UTI. Maybe I'll see if the GP wants to see me before March.
Unread 09-25-2008, 10:58 PM

If your Gyn doesn't want to see you, you may want to get a post op check from you internist.
Unread 09-26-2008, 02:06 AM

Absolutely get checked out via a speculum before you attempt sex, and good luck with the rest of your treatment.
Unread 09-26-2008, 03:55 PM

I went to see my GYN/ONC 10 days after my surgery to get my staples out. I didn't see the dr. A nurse saw me and took the staples out. I had some oozing and they took sample for culture. I turned out I had infection so had to go on cipro for 10 days.

My post-op check up was at 4 and a half weeks. He just checked my incision and said it was healing really well. He didn't do an internal exam. I asked him about it and he said that things are to tender and have stitches to do one. I had some urinary issues so gave them sample and they sent it off to be cultured. They put me on macrobid for 10 days. I am scheduled to see him again in 6 months for a pap. I am released to go back to work Sept 30.
Unread 09-26-2008, 04:16 PM

I actually had a TSH on 9/8 and kept my ovaries and cervix and have had 2 pelvic exams since my surgery. I'll have another at the 6 week mark.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register