TAH No big "O" 5 months post hysterectomy - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No big "O" 5 months post hysterectomy No big "O" 5 months post hysterectomy

Unread 07-22-2014, 05:46 PM
Re: No big "O" 5 months post hysterectomy

Thank you girl's for being here for me. I still cannot believe that I am numb. I honestly had no idea. I sure hope it's temporary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2014, 07:32 PM

So sorry to hear you are having a difficult time in this area. As some have stated before it takes time and if the you are still numb maybe that is why.
For me, I was very sexual before surgery and after surgery within the first two weeks I woke up to erotic dreams and even had an orgasm. It did not feel too good and it scared me that all my orgasms would hurt.
After I had my 6 week check up I did not go straight for intercourse and still have not because I am still scared of penetration. But I have had many orgasms alone and they feel different than before but no pain and very pleasurable. I would suggest taking alone time and under no stress, explore yourself and relax and see if you can orgasm on your own. Use toys, music for the mood, let your mind take you to a place that is sensual for you and try and see if that helps.
Best of luck.
Unread 07-22-2014, 09:02 PM

I understand how hard this is to go through. I am almost 7 years post op and there are still times when this form of dysfunction can invade the bedroom for me. Best tips I can offer are to invest in some good sexual health toys to work with strengthening those muscles up again, allow yourself time to heal, and try having a few other goals in mind other than the "O" in the bedroom like rekindling intimacy without sex. I would say if you are able to find pleasure without ending in orgasm that it is a good start to the healing on the sexual side of things that come from the surgery. For sure call the Doc back about the numbness to see what kind of medical advice you can get.

Good Luck!
Unread 07-23-2014, 06:11 PM

Thank you ladies! I'm still in shock that I am numb on the inside of my vagina. I am actually putting off from calling my Dr because I'm afraid of what he will say. He could say that it will always be this way. I'm an emotional reck.
Unread 07-23-2014, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy1973 View Post
Thank you ladies! I'm still in shock that I am numb on the inside of my vagina. I am actually putting off from calling my Dr because I'm afraid of what he will say. He could say that it will always be this way. I'm an emotional reck.
He may also say it's temporary and then you'll feel better. Or he may have a treatment for you that will improve the sensation.

You need some time to absorb this and consider how you'll feel about the information your doc may give you. But please give him a call when you're ready. And please let us know how it goes.
Unread 07-25-2014, 08:33 PM

Still needed speak to my Dr about this. I've been looking online & have not found anything regarding this issue. I do have another appt in August, so I'm going to speak to him then.
Unread 11-09-2014, 07:32 AM

Tammy, I am reading through your posts and I need to know how things have gone for you?

We had surgery at the same time. After my first surgery everything was fine but they had to go back in and now 5 months post second surgery, I can not have an orgasm. I feel it coming on but then nothing. It is more than upsetting as my sex life before was incredible.
My gyno is on maternity leave and her replacement is not someone I would ask.

Help!
Unread 11-09-2014, 03:59 PM

Hi! Sorry to hear that you had to have another surgery. I hope you are feeling better. I'm hanging in there. I'm still numb inside but not on the outside. So I guess I shouldn't complain too much, I can orgasm with outer four play but not during sex. I totally regret having this procedure because I am now damaged to life unless I get a miracle and somehow my nerves repair themselves. I'm truely devasted by this whole thing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register