Staples | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-07-2005, 07:59 AM
Staples

I had my surg Dec1 and go this friday for staple removal. I have 19 staples and am really worried it will hurt and I will freak out. If any of you can tell me about your staple removal that would be great. I am only taking reg. tylenol am, and bedtime but maybe that day will take a tylenol w codeine that I have left.
anyway just wondering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2005, 08:15 AM
Staples

It felt like a little tug for each one. Not bad at all.
Unread 12-07-2005, 08:17 AM
Staples

I had my staples out 1 week after surgery. A little bit of pinching to wiggle out some of the more stubborn ones, but certainly nothing severe/excrutiating. Definitely take Tylenol, but probably don't need more than that. Afterwards, when walking around that day, it felt like my incision would open up + spill out my insides. But it was just a feeling, nothing happened! All healed up now at 5 weeks, and (sadly) required to go back to work Dec. 19th. Good luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2005, 08:39 AM
Staples

I can honestly say having my staples out was not a problem. Even the stubborn ones only felt like a "tug". I had them out on day 8 and was only taking ibuprofen. Now at week 5 after a few minor problems, my scar is healing well. Like RAGTOPM, I was worried that it would open up - but I'm here to tell the tale! Please don't worry about it.
Unread 12-07-2005, 08:48 AM
Staples

I had no pain at all when having the staples removed. I was also a bit worried prior, but it turned out to be nothing. We just chatted through the whole thing.

Good luck!
Unread 12-07-2005, 08:49 AM
Staples

Hi jln123,
I had my staple taken out 4 days after my surgery. It was not bad at all. How are you doing other wise?
Unread 12-07-2005, 08:52 AM
Staples

I worried so much about having my staples removed.

It didn't hurt at all. My doctor used a special tool to take them out. Really was no big deal at all.

Best of luck to you!
Unread 12-07-2005, 08:59 AM
Staples

Staple removal was probably the least painful of this whole ordeal. I was very worried before I went in, but it wasn't painful at all and it was over very quickly.
Unread 12-07-2005, 09:04 AM
Staples

I, too, was worried about the staples being removed. I had mine removed one week after surgery. I asked the doctor what it would feel like. She said I may feel a pinch here and there. The worst of it was when she grabbed some tummy hair while popping a staple out. Other than that, no problem. I did hear her pop the staples out. Weird, but okay. She and I chatted while she removed the staples.

Like PJL said, there is a special tool they use.
Unread 12-07-2005, 09:13 AM
Staples

Nurse removed first two staples, the I let student nurse take out the other 16. Thats how easy it was....and that was on the morniibg I was being released, 3 days post-op!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register