I can't stop crying over my upcoming hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I can't stop crying over my upcoming hysterectomy I can't stop crying over my upcoming hysterectomy

Unread 03-30-2014, 06:52 PM
I can't stop crying over my upcoming hysterectomy

My surgery is tuesday. I am feeling this overwhelming sense if sadness. I have no appetite,can't sleep, and feel so hopeless. What can I do HELP😔😔 I have cried allday for the past 2 days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2014, 07:21 PM
Re: I can't stop crying

It's perfectly normal to feel this way. I know the couple of crying spells I had before my surgery came out of the blue. I had a crying spell after surgery as well, as I attributed it to stress and hormones.
Keep coming here for support and encouragement...we sisters are here to help!! I know that the sisters helped me immensely and still continue to do so.
Any question or issue you may have, you can bring it here. My prayers and thoughts are with you, and I know you will be fine. Go easy on yourself these next few weeks....you need & deserve it.
Please keep us posted & let us know how you are doing
Unread 03-30-2014, 08:21 PM
Re: I can't stop crying

I understand. I've been crying for the past couple of months, My surgery is April 15th. The crying fits come out of nowhere.

It is a profound sense of sadness and loneliness...sort of a "why me feeling".

It happens and I am learning that it is ok.

I am thinking of you and will be praying for you.

I agree with Deni64, keep coming to this site for support.

It helps to let out your feelings and hear from people who are going through the same thing and truly understand you.

All the best!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2014, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENI64 View Post
It's perfectly normal to feel this way. I know the couple of crying spells I had before my surgery came out of the blue. I had a crying spell after surgery as well, as I attributed it to stress and hormones.
Keep coming here for support and encouragement...we sisters are here to help!! I know that the sisters helped me immensely and still continue to do so.
Any question or issue you may have, you can bring it here. My prayers and thoughts are with you, and I know you will be fine. Go easy on yourself these next few weeks....you need & deserve it.
Please keep us posted & let us know how you are doing
Thank you so much and I will. This site is my best friend right now.
Unread 03-30-2014, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2ndphase View Post
I understand. I've been crying for the past couple of months, My surgery is April 15th. The crying fits come out of nowhere.

It is a profound sense of sadness and loneliness...sort of a "why me feeling".

It happens and I am learning that it is ok.

I am thinking of you and will be praying for you.

I agree with Deni64, keep coming to this site for support.

It helps to let out your feelings and hear from people who are going through the same thing and truly understand you.

All the best!
Thank you I will be praying for you also. I will post my post op and maybe I will have some info that will make you feel comfortable on your day at the castle
Unread 03-31-2014, 03:30 AM
Re: I can't stop crying over my upcoming hysterectomy

Hi there
I keep having weird dreams about my surgery due on April 10th. I am sleeping but wake up soooooo tired as my brain is working overtime when I'm asleep
I try to keep myself busy during the day, I have chickens which take up most of my time luckily.
I will be sending you some happy thoughts....you never know it might help x x
Unread 03-31-2014, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespoon4 View Post
Hi there
I keep having weird dreams about my surgery due on April 10th. I am sleeping but wake up soooooo tired as my brain is working overtime when I'm asleep
I try to keep myself busy during the day, I have chickens which take up most of my time luckily.
I will be sending you some happy thoughts....you never know it might help x x
Thank you😃
Unread 04-07-2014, 01:44 AM

On top of my surgery on April 10 my husband and I separated 3 weeks ago. I have been having bad panic attacks and not able to function normally (grabbing for the soap to brush my teeth). I was not able to find a cure. My counsellor just told me to take it day by day. I was already trying that and many other things.

One day I decided that my emotions were hurting me too much. So I decided to just get mad. Mad a the milk that went bad, mad at the trash as I was throwing away, got mad at any item that I was dealing with. (Note: Do not get mad at your support team. Explain why you are acting mad and that you are not mad at them but trying to control your crying and your worries.) The problem was I could not stay that way 24/7 and go into surgery mad.

So what I did is take anything I did not have control over and things I did not need to deal with now and visualize a file cabinet in my head and put the bad feelings and worries in it. Mind over matter as my mom says.

I also asked my husband to help me get through this and put our issues on hold. He has given me what I need and more. I fully understand most husbands do not understand what to do with a weeping wife (mine included). So you need to lay it on the line for him. "I need to be held." ect.

If you are not in a relationship at this time talk with your support team. It’s hard to think of it this way but you are almost to the first finish line. You can do this.
Unread 04-07-2014, 07:59 PM

I am continuing to pray for all of my sisters, in whatever stage they are in....I just had my six week checkup and all restrictions have been lifted!
But, I do not want to forget about this whole experience and want to utilize it in any facet of my daily living....I remember all to well how frightened I was six weeks ago this morning, so hang in there sisters!!
Unread 04-07-2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENI64 View Post
I am continuing to pray for all of my sisters, in whatever stage they are in....I just had my six week checkup and all restrictions have been lifted!
But, I do not want to forget about this whole experience and want to utilize it in any facet of my daily living....I remember all to well how frightened I was six weeks ago this morning, so hang in there sisters!!
Thank you it will be one week tomorrow and the GAS pains are all I really have to complain about I am blessed

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register