Finally have surgery date, where do I post it? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Finally have surgery date, where do I post it? Finally have surgery date, where do I post it?

Unread 10-24-2003, 06:25 PM
Finally have surgery date, where do I post it?

Hi, I finally have my surgery date set for Nov. 10th!! Wow, its going to be here so fast. So nervous too, like I'm sure everyone else is.

I have cervical carcinoma in situ grade III. So I'm not in pain, but know its something I need to do. I almost wish I had some pain to remind me how I need to have this done. Anyway, if anyone could let me know how to add my surgery date to the list, that would be great.

Thanks,

Cathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2003, 06:28 PM

Dear Cathy:

Congratulations of getting your "reservation"! My LSH is November 6th and I've been scheduled for almost 8 weeks - time has really been dragging!

To add your surgery date, go to "Control Panel" at the top of the page and then "Edit Profile".

Best of luck - it'll be here soon!
Unread 10-24-2003, 06:30 PM

Cathy, go to the control panel on the home page, then click on edit profile. That should be it. Brenda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2003, 06:34 PM

Hey Cathy, I'm also a California girl. Aren't too many of us on these boards. Noticed you're a weight loss consultant. Maybe you can give us a few tips. I've gained 8 lbs. since surgery. Walk everyday and eat well except for a little "chocolate therapy" every day. Still have the swelly belly by the end of the day. Any good exercises for that. I am 7 weeks post-op. 's Brenda
Unread 10-24-2003, 06:35 PM

Thank you ladies so much for the info. I can't beleive that as I was typing in my date, and see that I have a date at the castle, that tears are welling up in my eyes. Guess it just makes it so real.
Unread 10-24-2003, 06:46 PM

Hi Brenda, I can't really tell you what you can do different with what you have been already doing up to this point.

This is something I think you should talk to your Dr. about. Because you have just had a major surgery, and the weight gain could have something to do with fluids that you may be retaining. I know it takes time for our bodies to heal.

I think what your doing is great! eating right, and walking. To be honest, its all about life style change. So thats truly the key to success. Change those habits that have caused the weight in the first place. But for women who have this surgery, I honestly can say that you need to continue to eat healthy, stay active, as soon as your Dr. gives you the okay, and thats about it. You will see the weight drop off as long as you are consistent.. and watch the calories, maybe try to journal what your eating.

Take care,
Cathy
Unread 10-25-2003, 08:09 AM

Hi, Cathy!
Just wanted to say hello to a fellow California Girl!!!

Welcome.

My TAH is scheduled for 11-12-03 at Mary Birch in San Diego.

Pam
Unread 10-26-2003, 12:51 AM

Hi Pam,

I'm at the opposite end of Calif. I live just a few miles from Modesto? ever hear of it?

I will be at Memorial Hospital in Modesto.

Cathy
Unread 10-26-2003, 12:53 AM

Hi Cathy, I'm in Orange County. Getting lots of smoke and ashes from all the fires in San Bernadino! Yuk! Brenda
Unread 10-26-2003, 06:43 AM

Hi, Cathy.
Yes, I've heard of Modesto but have never been there. I heard it's very pretty.
I've only been in CA for 2 years, I'm an East Coast transplant. But I am loving it here!!!

Hi, Brenda from Orange County!
-Pam

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register