4 days to castle NERVES!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 days to castle NERVES!! 4 days to castle NERVES!!

Unread 06-04-2005, 06:32 AM
4 days to castle NERVES!!

Hi everyone,

I am 4 days from my LAVH, 2 days from pre-op and I am having a bad case of nerves!!! I had a diagnostic D&C 2 months ago. My surgery was scheduled 3 weeks ago and was cancelled due to a urine test that showed Trichomoniasis. This was a total shock to me and my husband because we have been married 15 years and have a great marriage (we own a business together and are never apart!!!) so needless to say, we were both confused and worried about it. But we got through it because we are so close and in hindsight I was thankful my surgery was cancelled because I had been dealing with a terrible bout of intestinal parasites for 2 weeks before (started after my D&C) and didn't tell my doctor so the Flagyl she gave us for the infection took care of my diarrhea as well. (sorry for the long story!!) Anyway, I went back a week later and the first infection was gone but she said I had white cells in the wet prep, so another round of antibiotics which was a broad spectrum. 3 days ago, I got the dreaded yeast infection from this (dtr said to take Monistat 3, it's gone now) My nerves are coming from worry about this surgery date being cancelled. I know the first infection is gone and my intestines are back to normal and I feel really great now, but a part of me is so worried that they will do the pre-op and something else will be wrong. It just seems that since the initial D&C, my whole body has gone crazy with infection from the waist down, not to mention the emotional rollar coaster finding out that my vaginal infection could be sexually transmitted. My DH and I have not had sex for 3 months!! I have gone crazy trying to figure out why the Trichomonas didn't show up before considering all the swabs and test I have had in the past six months and then after the D&C, I get the Trich, intestinal parasites, etc, etc,. Anyway, be praying for me and my nerves!!! I just don't want to get the call saying something else is wrong again!!! Good luck to all!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2005, 08:09 AM

Hi Hannahgram!
I sure hope things start to go more smoothly for you from this point on! Holy cow!

Did you ask the dr. what other sources the trich could have come from? Very strange, isn't it? I'm glad it's getting cleared up along with your intestinal parasites. Now *that* does not sound fun at *all*! I sure hope you are taking good care of yourself.

I was in freakout mode yesterday, but am feeling better today. Surgery is Monday. Hopefully as you get closer you will feel better too!!

Take care of YOU!

Hugs,
Jo
Unread 06-04-2005, 08:27 AM

Hi Jo,

Thanks for your reply. Good luck Monday!! Yes, my dtr said that you could possibly get it from wet towels, hot tubs and such, but whats strange is that somebody at the house would have to have it. But, me and hubby got in jacuzzi this winter at a hotel. That is the only thing we can think of. My dtr said we could drive ourselves crazy trying to figure out where this came from and yes we almost did. I'm still wondering if the intestinal parasites had something to do with that urine sample. I will never know. All we can do is move forward and hope the pre-op goes well. Again, best wishes for a speedy recovery with your surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2005, 09:17 AM
Good luck!

The last few days pre-op were the hardest for me. Once surgery was over, it was all recovery. I'm sorry you've had to live those last few days over and over! The waiting will end.

Hoping all goes well for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register