Post-Op members only: Did you keep your ovaries? - Page 54 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > Monthly Poll (and occasional Contest!)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
View Poll Results: If you had a hysterectomy, did you keep your ovaries?
Yes, I kept my ovaries. 2,500 47.55%
Yes, I kept ONE ovary. 592 11.26%
Yes, I kept one/both ovaries but they were removed during a later surgery. 78 1.48%
No, both ovaries were removed during my hysterectomy. 2,088 39.71%
Voters: 5258. You may not vote on this poll

Post-Op members only: Did you keep your ovaries? Post-Op members only: Did you keep your ovaries?

Unread 01-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Re: If you had a hysterectomy, did you keep your ovaries?

I had both removed. I have endometriosis and wanted them removed to hopefully get rid of the endo. and stop it from returning. I am also not taking any HRT to make sure it wont return. I am hopeful that it will not return.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTough2BAGurl View Post
I had both removed because I had Endometriosis. The Dr. Told me that if he didn't remove them, the Endometriosis could come back. He also told me that the Estrogen makes Endometriosis grow and my chances were better if I could avoid taking it. 3 weeks post op...so far, so good.
I too chose to have mine removed due to my endo. I am 2 weeks post-op and so far pain free!! I hope it works for all of us in this situation!!
Unread 01-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Smile - Post-Op members only: Did you keep your ovaries? Re: If you had a hysterectomy, did you keep your ovaries?

I kept my right ovary so that I would not go into sudden menopause.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2012, 05:20 PM

Sure did. There was a possibility of losing them but the doctor said they looked fine and since I'm only 32 she decided to leave them but took everything else.
Unread 01-18-2012, 01:13 PM

I had to have them both removed, I have endometriosis as well as a large cyst on my left ovary
Unread 01-18-2012, 01:56 PM

i also had mine removed and now am on a hrt patch which works when I use it as scheduled but still can't replace natural hormones it's got me pretty depressed.
Unread 01-23-2012, 08:21 AM

Just before surgery told doc that I would love to keep my ovaries if possible! When in recovery the first question was did I keep my ovaries? Unfortunately the answer was no, your endo was to bad and you would have had to go through another surgery down the road. So now I am dealing with surgical menopause at 39 but I think I will get through it just fine. I can deal with the night sweats as long as it doesn't effect my moods which seem good so far!
Unread 01-24-2012, 08:21 PM

No I had the left ovary removed in Feb 2010 due to a huge twisted endometroma. I recently had to have a complete hysterectomy and everything removed due to having stage 4 endometriosis. This would help minimize my risk of return by eliminating everything....
Unread 01-29-2012, 12:11 PM
Post-Op members only: Did you keep your ovaries?

Just kept my right one, left one had a hugh cyst.
Unread 01-31-2012, 10:24 AM
Smile - Post-Op members only: Did you keep your ovaries? Re: If you had a hysterectomy, did you keep your ovaries?

I had a TAH/BSO- diagnosis of complex hyperplasia with atypia- GYN wouldn't consider anything but taking everything. I am not on HRT because the hyperplasia feeds on estrogen. So far only feeling a little emotional at times- nothing that I can't handle so far.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register