Still Can't Eat After 4 Months!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still Can't Eat After 4 Months!!! Still Can't Eat After 4 Months!!!

Unread 01-16-2006, 01:56 PM
Still Can't Eat After 4 Months!!!

To anybody who might know!!! I have a question, about adhesions. (sp) After every meal, my stomach hurts so bad, I'm doubled over in pain, and crying, (needless to say, I'm not a fan of eating quite yet) then my stomach swells up like a balloon, and gets rock hard. Now, since my surgery I am having 5-9 "normal" bm's a day (a bit more than I'm use to!!!) so I know I'm not constipated, but I figure that after 4 months this should not feel this way. Anybody have any suggestions on what this could be? Also , what the heck is up with those shooting pains that start at my scar and shoot all around my body?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2006, 02:36 PM

I had my TAH/BSO on Nov. 10th. It has been 9 weeks and 3 days. I still have a hard time eating. When I do, my stomach gets rock hard. Sometimes, I don't even have to eat and it rock hard. It swells all the time. I have shooting pains from the belly button down to the top of my scar. I have nooo idea what or why I have those things. If you find out please let me know.
Take care,
SNSHINE
Unread 01-16-2006, 04:28 PM

Wow, IMHO you should talk to your doctor about your symptoms - 5-9 BMs sounds quite excessive to me.....not to mention the pains!!

I hope you get answers and relief soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2006, 04:46 PM

Oh Cabowoman...
I am SO SORRY that you are having this problem! I have been wondering how you were doing and I dont like that you are hurting AT ALL! Please let us know what your doctor says about this... I want to know that you have gotten some answers and some help and are feeling better!!!!

LOVE YOU!
Anna

PS ~ We still need to drink those margaritas
Unread 01-16-2006, 04:47 PM

Not that this could be brought on by a hysterectomy, but your symptoms sounds like celiac disease. If you are not familiar with it, it means your body can not tolerate gluten and gluten is in MANY things. The gluten can not be broken down and causes ulcers in your intestines. Off-hand, gluten is in oats, wheat, etc. (check the internet)-bread type items. Try going without. You never know!
Unread 01-17-2006, 07:41 AM

Thank you to all, I will ask my doctor about the possibility of it being celiac disease, and I'm also going to request an x-ray.

Anna - We do have to have a few margaritas, the DH and I are finally going to go on our trip to Mexico (darn hyst was schedulled day we were to leave!!!) so while I'm there I'll have at least 3 a day for you!!!
Unread 01-17-2006, 06:00 PM

Good deal Cabowoman! I KNOW y'all will enjoy your trip! YEAH!!!

I was going to ask you do you have your gallbladder and appendix? Please keep us posted on how you are doing and what your doctor says!

LOVE YOU WOMAN,
Anna
Unread 01-18-2006, 07:57 AM

Anna,

Gallbladder yes, appendix out 4 years ago that was a nightmear in itself, apparently it wasn't my appendix it was my ovaries, and then low and behold, my appendix ruptured!!! (Gotta love male doctors that think everything is "female related")

I so can't wait for my trip, and I'm still trying to get into my doctor...
Unread 01-18-2006, 06:54 PM

ARGH!!!!!!!
That would MAKE ME CRAZY!!! Oh... who am I kidding.... I sould say that would make me CRAZIER!

When is your trip and where are you going in Mexico?
Unread 01-19-2006, 07:13 AM

WE leave on February 3 and come back on Feb 23. DH and I got married in April Last year and took all four kids with us on our honeymoon to Baja. So this is going to be our honeymoon with out kids!!!

We try to drive down to Baja from Canada at least twice a year. It is a super cheap get away for us, as we camp on the beach etc. I think all in all we spend maybe $1,700.00 and that includes our gas going down, food, diving, drinking, gifts, accomidations, etc...

Its not a bad drive either, we drive straight thru and within 28 hours are at the Mexican border.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register