Baseballfan/muffinma5 is home and is a hyster sister! God bless you all! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Baseballfan/muffinma5 is home and is a hyster sister! God bless you all! Baseballfan/muffinma5 is home and is a hyster sister! God bless you all!

Unread 11-04-2001, 08:53 AM
Baseballfan/muffinma5 is home and is a hyster sister! God bless you all!

I am home from my hysterectomy. I am tired and have a catheter still. The hyst part went well and I am taking the estrogen estrace and am doing okay on that. The jury is still out on the bladder repair but hope to be able to get the catheter out by Tuesday and pee freely. Smilie, if you get this post or read it, you know what I mean, dear woman.

Most importantly know that this site is a blessing from God - truly helped get me through my days and informed with so much good info that I would not have gotten elsewhere. Thank you to all the ladies for your caring hearts and how positive you are in this world.

I am trying to stay positive too and be surrounded by the love of family and friends around me

I hope to be in the chat room in the next week or so.

Some words of wisdom for the pre ladies -
* Do read all you can and be ready mentally for the surgery -- be well informed and be ready with questions
* Do prepare physically by taking vitamins and walking and staying in the best shape you can
* Do pray and stay connected in anyway you can spiritually and ask others to pray or talk with you before and after surgery
* Do prepare your family and friends for what you will need after surgery and give specific missions to friends so you are not just over run by casserole dishes!!
* Do prepare your bag for surgery and your room for your recovery to make it cozy for you
* Do take it slow after -- drink, rest, pray, and follow doctor orders

This is not an easy deal but it is recoverable. Do trust that it will take time and that there will be little setbacks emotionally and physically. Do believe in yourself that you can heal.

Be well all and keep in touch. I can't sit long with this catheter but will check and will have my hubby check and print out notes.

Blessings and peace and know that I love you all with all my heart though I have never seen your faces, it is your hearts I feel as though I know.
Margie

PS Doreen and Sheila -- extra hugs for your two!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-04-2001, 12:15 PM
Welcome Home

I am glad that you are home and doing well. I am sorry about the cathetor though.

You will feel so much better after it is out.

Take care and get lots of

Unread 11-04-2001, 01:54 PM
WElcome home

Welcome home, I am so glad you are well on your way to recovery. Hope all goes as you wish regarding the cath.
I so enjoyed our chats in the chat room.
Take care and I look forward to seeing you in the chat room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2001, 09:36 AM

Hi Margie!!

WELCOME HOME!

Congrats on your new crown!!!

Sounds like you will have lots of help at home..... Get lots of rest and watch out for the

Take care and come back when you can!!!
Unread 11-05-2001, 09:47 AM

Dear Baseballfan

Glad to see you home and the crown looks lovely!! Get lots of rest and I hope the Husband and son are not too sad about your Yankees!

Brenda
Unread 11-05-2001, 09:59 AM

You got home just in time for the World Series but the best I remember neither of our really favorite teams were in it

I am so glad to hear you are home and in recovery. Take care and continue to rest and let yourself be papered. '

Betty
Unread 11-05-2001, 10:01 AM

Geez I need to learn to spell!! You don't want to be papered now do you!

I meant pampered as all good princesses should be!

Betty
Unread 11-06-2001, 04:03 PM
welcome home

How are you doing now that you've been home for a few days? Did you get the catheter out (it's Tuesday)?

I hope you're continuing the positive energy you wrote so well about. I'm at the two-week mark tomorrow & seeing my dr. Every day does get a little better.

Let us know.
Unread 11-06-2001, 04:34 PM

The recovery is rough going with the catheter to be honest, but I pray it comes out tomorrow and that I can pee freely. I will let you know, ladies. Thanks for your lovely notes and for how well you support all of us. I hope to get on the site longer and in the chat room soon, so that I can talk with all of you more. It truly is about attitude, too, in all of this. Ups and downs indeed but if you can stay as focused on the positive as possible it does help though not easy to do indeed.

Love to all,
Margie
Unread 11-06-2001, 04:55 PM

Hi Margie, glad to know that surgery went well. We look forward to hearing from you in the post section.
Tam

P.s. I had a cath for a couple of days. I know how much fun that is-NOT.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register