Early Stage Endometrial Cancer well differentiated | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Early Stage Endometrial Cancer well differentiated Early Stage Endometrial Cancer well differentiated

Unread 07-17-2017, 09:14 PM
Early Stage Endometrial Cancer well differentiated

Today I received the news that I have Early Stage Endometrial Cancer Well Differentiated. My Gyno has referred me to an oncologist surgeon. She said it would involved a hysterectomy and then they would also check to see if it has gone to the lymph nodes. I don't understanding any of this and am waiting to hear from the surgeon's office.
Has anyone else gone through this and what do I need to expect?
Thanks for your time. I really appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2017, 05:43 AM
Re: Early Stage Endometrial Cancer well differentiated

I'm sorry that you got that news but I know that you will get wonderful support and helpful information from the amazing ladies here in the Cancer Concerns forum. I've moved your thread here so that you can start getting replies from those who can relate.

Unread 07-18-2017, 06:41 AM
Early Stage Endometrial Cancer well differentiated

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyD View Post
Today I received the news that I have Early Stage Endometrial Cancer Well Differentiated. My Gyno has referred me to an oncologist surgeon. She said it would involved a hysterectomy and then they would also check to see if it has gone to the lymph nodes. I don't understanding any of this and am waiting to hear from the surgeon's office.
Has anyone else gone through this and what do I need to expect?
Thanks for your time. I really appreciate it.
Hi simple,
Sorry to hear of your diagnose. I had the same diagnose in 2016. Early stage means cancer in stage 1, we'll differentiated cells means cancer in lowest grade I(i.e. Grade 1). Do note this can only be finalized after hysterectomy biopsy. For me, I had TAH with ovaries preservation. I opted for TAH to give gynae onco a better view of my lymph nodes and surrounding organs . No spread detected and ovaries are healthy and so it was retained. Norm practice is no chemo or radiation after hysterectomy for stage 1a or 1b endomentrial cancer. You will be on once every 3 months review for the next 2 years.
Don't worry too much and take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2017, 07:47 AM

Have you finished menopause yet, SimplyD? I was almost four years past menopause at the time I was diagnosed with grade 2/3 endometrial cancer, so my ovaries and fallopian tubes were removed along with my cervix and uterus. For younger women, it's becoming more common to leave the ovaries in place, as Isuemay mentioned.

I also had a few lymph nodes removed during surgery. My gyn onc had them examined immediately for signs that the cancer had spread to the lymph system, as this is basically a superhighway to the rest of your body. The nodes that he removed were clear, so he didn't remove any more nodes but finished the surgery instead.

Although it was 5 1/2 months from my first symptoms to my surgery, the cancer was caught at a very early stage, stage IA. This is typical of endometrial cancer. It's usually slow spreading. :-)

I saw my gyn onc three weeks after my gyn referred me, and then surgery was seven weeks after that.

It's a shock getting the news at first, but as the shock wears off you're likely to have questions. This site is a great place to ask them!
Unread 07-18-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsuemay View Post
Hi simple,
Sorry to hear of your diagnose. I had the same diagnose in 2016. Early stage means cancer in stage 1, we'll differentiated cells means cancer in lowest grade I(i.e. Grade 1). Do note this can only be finalized after hysterectomy biopsy. For me, I had TAH with ovaries preservation. I opted for TAH to give gynae onco a better view of my lymph nodes and surrounding organs . No spread detected and ovaries are healthy and so it was retained. Norm practice is no chemo or radiation after hysterectomy for stage 1a or 1b endomentrial cancer. You will be on once every 3 months review for the next 2 years.
Don't worry too much and take care
thank you so much for replying to me. You response is something that I need to see first thing this morning. All of this is so new to me. I guess I am in a little shock too. Hoping to hear from the surgeons office today so that we can get this process going. Blessings on your day my sweet friend.
Unread 07-18-2017, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurprisedInNB View Post
Have you finished menopause yet, SimplyD? I was almost four years past menopause at the time I was diagnosed with grade 2/3 endometrial cancer, so my ovaries and fallopian tubes were removed along with my cervix and uterus. For younger women, it's becoming more common to leave the ovaries in place, as Isuemay mentioned.

I also had a few lymph nodes removed during surgery. My gyn onc had them examined immediately for signs that the cancer had spread to the lymph system, as this is basically a superhighway to the rest of your body. The nodes that he removed were clear, so he didn't remove any more nodes but finished the surgery instead.

Although it was 5 1/2 months from my first symptoms to my surgery, the cancer was caught at a very early stage, stage IA. This is typical of endometrial cancer. It's usually slow spreading. :-)

I saw my gyn onc three weeks after my gyn referred me, and then surgery was seven weeks after that.

It's a shock getting the news at first, but as the shock wears off you're likely to have questions. This site is a great place to ask them!
Thank you for responding back to me. I am just finishing up going through menopause. When I had the initial biopsy in the gyno office it showed no cancer, but she decided to do a Hysteroscopy D & C last Thursday to clean out what was in there, thru that which was sent to pathology it showed the diagnosis. It's a little overwhelming. I also have a couple of cysts on my left ovary. I guess I just need to wait to talk with surgeon. Again, thanks for responding back to me. I hope you have a blessed day.
Unread 07-18-2017, 08:04 AM

My gyn was great and answered a lot of questions for me, but I definitely felt more settled once I met with my gyn onc and talked it over with him. He was very clear as to what would happen during surgery and why he was recommending this plan of action.
Unread 07-18-2017, 04:30 PM

Hi- Oh, I know how scary it is to be diagnosed with cancer. I went through it 6 years ago, also Stage 1a, although post-surgery they assessed my cancer as Grade 3. I had my ovaries, tubes, cervix, and uterus removed, and 15 lymph nodes biopsied. I'm amazed at how well I recovered and how it now feels like a really stunning bad dream... in the past. I don't think about cancer every day anymore, and I'm glad about the changes I made as the result (changed jobs, moved to a new house, fixed some things in my relationship) ... one change a year after about one year of healing from the surgery and emotional reaction to having cancer.

My body feels different to me, which is in part due to surgical menopause (I was 49) and part due to the impact of the full incision surgery and lymph node biopsies. But my life feels like mine again, and I'm very glad to share hope that life does move on. I certainly don't call it a gift, but I chose to respond to this by making big changes to an already pretty great life.

Here's sending you love and hope and courage. I'm so glad you reached out. This forum was my obsession while I was going through my cancer journey. Best to you, Ellen
Unread 07-18-2017, 09:42 PM

Hi Simply,
Yes, I am a few weeks ahead of you on this journey. D&C April, Davinci June 23. Radiologist consult on Thursday. In the meantime I've been watching a cancer series online called The Truth About Cancer and have learned a ton of information. Fear is lack of knowledge, and as SurprisedInNB so wisely counseled me... "Knowledge is Power." You are going to learn so much about yourself, the medical field, and other people. Yes, this changes your life, you will have good days and not so good days, ups and downs, like a roller coaster. It's normal. You'll get through this. The Davinci hysterectomy was the easiest part and all the well deserved time-out and rest for weeks afterward.
One day at a time!
Calmcat
Unread 07-19-2017, 12:53 PM

Hi CalmCat,
thank you for your response. I am waiting for the Oncology Surgeon's office to call me back. I will check out The Truth About Cancer. I hope and pray that your recovery is going well. Have a great day!
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register