Sex after total vaginal hysterectomy | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sex after total vaginal hysterectomy Sex after total vaginal hysterectomy

Unread 11-13-2016, 07:04 PM
Sex after total vaginal hysterectomy

Has any of the DH's mentioned any difference in the feeling of sex after TVH? I still have 6 weeks before we can have sex, but I keep wondering how it will feel to my husband.

TVH kept ovaries. 12 days post op.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2016, 09:46 PM
Sex after total vaginal hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseChristina View Post
Has any of the DH's mentioned any difference in the feeling of sex after TVH? I still have 6 weeks before we can have sex, but I keep wondering how it will feel to my husband.

You are not alone. So many Sisters wonder and worry about it. I myself did, and have only read one post where a Sister said her Mister felt any difference. And I've read a lot!

I had an open abdominal procedure with a long, vertical incision, everything but ovaries gone. So I can't speak to the vaginal procedure, but it seems the issue everyone worries about, despite the type of surgery, is the cuff and length of the vagina. I can tell you that our first time (8 weeks out) was smooth sailing, and my hubby said there was no difference at all.

I"m sure some Sisters who had the same procedure will chime in soon, but I know how hard it is to wait for a reply, so I thought I would say hi, and not to worry.

Heads up though. Some of the Sisters, me included, had major hormone rushes not too far out from where you are (about 3-5 weeks post op IIRC). Raging libido, believe it or not. My doc told me NO SEX very emphatically three times at my two week visit, and I thought she was crazy! Put something in there? NO WAY! Then pow, all I could think of was sex. I suffered through until 8 weeks, and wish that I would have asked her about outer course or a little goofing around without anything going in. I think had we been able to, there would have been less nerves the first time. Just something to think about when you see your doc next. And please DO remember to stick to his/her rules no matter what.

Welcome to the other side, and happy healing!
Unread 11-14-2016, 05:24 AM
Re: Sex after total vaginal hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseChristina View Post

I also had a TVH, kept ovaries. One of my biggest concerns is if it would feel different for my DH. Thankfully he said it feels exactly the same for him.

Since I kept my ovaries, I still had my natural lubrication as before. I noticed no change in my libido or in the length of my vagina.

Intimacy: Is My Vagina Shorter?

i hope this helps!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register