Feeling lost | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Feeling lost

3 weeks post-op today. Has anyone here felt lost. I am so depressed. My hormones are flying everywhere. I do not know how to feel. One second I am ok, the next I am balling my eyes out. I am so out of control. Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2009, 05:34 AM
Feeling lost

Sisssy

I'm so sorry you're experiencing this at the moment, but you're not alone and I hope others will be along very soon to share.

I think (from reading your profile) that you kept your ovaries? Apart from a hysterectomy being major surgery which takes a toll on the body and emotions, the ovaries can also struggle for a while due to the trauma of surgery. Hopefully, you'll find this improves as your recovery progresses.

Please don't hesitate to contact your doctor if you find you cannot cope in the meantime.

Sending all good wishes as you continue to heal!

Unread 02-06-2009, 05:53 AM
Feeling lost

Hi Sisssy,
I also found weeks 3 and 4 to be the worse. It felt like I hit a brick wall , I felt great weeks 1 & 2 and then bam. I think everything is starting to wake up and the effects of the anesthesia are wearing off. Our bodies have gone through major trauma and have to go through many stages of healing.
I found that some days were much better than others, I was able to keep my left ovary and it took a while for the hormones to settle down. I actually warned my family that I was going through "b****y" patch and to just humor me but things did get better.

If you find that things do not get better please do not hesitate to call your doctor and voice your concerns.

I hope this helps, , all the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2009, 07:19 AM
Feeling lost

I'm eight days post op and experiencing the same thing. I think it's the trauma and hormone changes. You can cry on my shoulder and I'll cry on yours and we'll beat this together =o)
Unread 02-06-2009, 07:42 AM
Feeling lost

Thanks to all of you. I do hope this passes soon and it is just hormone changes. I am normally not like this. The emotions are hard to control. Keep in touch.
Unread 02-06-2009, 08:30 AM
Feeling lost

My ovaries seemed to reboot after my surgery. The post-op mood swings and crying were the worst I've had in my life. I think my family is afraid of me.

I'm six weeks post-op now, and things have definitely settled down in terms of crying. Yesterday, however, I was very b****y to my whole family, but I suspect this may be PMS rather than post-op stuff going on.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register