LAVH scheduled 1/14, but might have to reschedule due to other problems.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LAVH scheduled 1/14, but might have to reschedule due to other problems.... LAVH scheduled 1/14, but might have to reschedule due to other problems....

Unread 12-28-2003, 04:04 AM
LAVH scheduled 1/14, but might have to reschedule due to other problems....

Hi Hystersisters :-)

LAVH is scheduled for the 14th of January. In 2 1/2 weeks. Was really looking forward to getting it over with & getting on the road to recovery, but now I have ran into another complication with getting ready for this surgery. Due to my low blood levels, drs opted to give me iv iron therapy since I didn't tolerate the shots nor oral iron well. I had started it on the 4th of December. Went in for my 5th treatment on the 10th of December & ended up with a bad infultration/thrombophlebitis in my hand. I am in a sling & a splint due to the severity of it. Should have been better by now, but still having problems. Talked with nurse with our ins on Friday & she thinks I needed to hold off on the surgery till this recovers since I might need to be put on blood thinners for it. I have had the LAVH scheduled now for about 12 weeks. Going to call the dr who is doing the surgery tomorrow to see what she sayd. Very frustrated.

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.

Love, HUGS, & God Bless,
Tara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2003, 04:33 AM

Hi Tara!

I'm sorry you're going through all this! It's hard enough to get mentally prepared for this surgery, then to have it prolonged like this.

It sounds like they are doing well for you, taking the precautions that are necessary before undergoing this major surgery. Hang in there, sweetie! Keep your chin up and know that we are here for ya! Please let us know how things progress for you!

Unread 12-28-2003, 04:01 PM

((( Tara ))) I'm sorry that you're going through so much. I hope that it all clears up soon. I'm sure that it's nerve racking to have to put everything on "hold".

It does sound like you're being well cared for, that should be a comfort. It's very important to be as healthy as possible when you do have surgery.

Best wishes.

s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register