A LOOONG Wait! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A LOOONG Wait! A LOOONG Wait!

Unread 03-22-2004, 06:58 PM
A LOOONG Wait!

Hello...I stumbled on this site a few days ago while surfing/trying to make this important decision... I visited GYN after 12 years of not seeing a Dr. [I know, I know...bad girl] I had been living out of the country, and I only had a physical for work while there. I've had heavy periods all my life (I'm 42) and so have my mom & sister. I never even thought about telling my Dr. about how heavy they were--I just thought I was one of those unlucky women with heavy periods. (10-13 days/month; on Day 3 ea. month I go through 60 Super Plus tampons--and wear "diaper" sized maxi pads also.) I am a teacher and I am sick of having embarrasing "accidents" at school. I'm ready to pack extra clothes, soap & a hair dryer in my school bag! My GYN diagnosed the fibroids--and gave me the options--Fibroid Embolization or Hysterectomy. I decided to go with the "less invasive" procedure (UFE). That was (actually IS) scheduled for 3/29. But the more I thought about it, the more I just want this finished once and for all! I'm sure I'm not alone, but this was one of the most difficult decisions I've made. So, I've decided on the hysterectomy, but I can't have the surgery 'till August because of work. I wish I could just do it now... I had been so relieved that I was going to have the UFE and maybe I had my last (or one of my last) "bad" periods. So now I have to go through a few more months of misery... Oh well, I am thankful I found this site. I still have a lot of ?'s for Doc. (type of hyst., incision, etc.) But I guess there's plenty of time to get answers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2004, 08:50 PM
A LOOONG Wait!

Welcome to this site. I'm sure you'll get alot of information on whatever type of surgery you'll end up getting. I now work across the street from my home, there had been many times in the past I would have to walk home and change clothes. A couple of years ago, I worked at an office about 20 minutes from home and after two trips home in one week for clean-up purposes. I started packing a bag for that time of month. A couple pair of underpants and black pants that would pretty much go with any top I had on. Oh, I don't miss those days now.
Unread 03-22-2004, 09:26 PM
Pain after 2 weeks

Was wondering if this burning pain on my inside and outside of my incisions are normal. Tylenol wont take it away. Nothing helps. When will I be able to live life again. Nighttime is worse. It actually radiates down my thighs. Has anyone else had this. I dont forsee me being normal for a while.
Lori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2004, 09:33 PM
A LOOONG Wait!

would like to know the type of pain you recieve. Mine feels like a lst degree burn inside and outside of my incision. I am two week post op. When will I be feeling more myself?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register