Scheduled TVH When are you scheduled? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

When are you scheduled? When are you scheduled?

Unread 07-07-2010, 10:00 AM
When are you scheduled?

I was just wondering when the hospital usually calls to let you know when to be in and other dos and donts prior to surgery?

I of course left my phone at home today

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Re: When are you scheduled?

hi CADY0123!
In my situation they sent me a paper in the mail and then when I went to my pre op appointment to do my labs the confirmed it and they went over my do's and donts they also gave me a print out of it if u havent gotten them things by now I would say call ya doc office or pre admission and see if they can give u the answers u need. I see me and u are getting our surgeries on the same day I have to be there at 6am I hate getting up that early but its good because I dont have to wait with a empty stomach
Best wishes
Tamika
Unread 07-07-2010, 11:33 AM

Thanks! I have my preop instructions and after reading it I see it says they will call me a day before my surgery. Yay im so excited and nervous I can tell im an emotional wreck because my lady friend has been all over the place and cannot make up her mind as well on whether she wants to stay or go!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2010, 12:04 PM

I know exactly what u are going through I am running like crazy my husband wont even let me drive and because he is afraid my mind is in too many things on my mind. Ha ha and he is absolutely correct. I think that he has been going through this emotional roller coaster too just in a silent manly way u know we are more out front with our emotions they rather keep them in.
Do u have what u need packed and ready my papers said they did not what me to bring a gown and robe no valuable no jewelery basically just me so all I am taking is a change of clothes and me I gotta cell that I am taking with me a container to put my tongue ring in and 20 dollars that will be hidden my undies. I wanna bring my laptop because thats my lifeline but I guess thats a no no because it fits under valuables.
I am going to the grocery store tomorrow and I hopefully get my hair done sometime tomorrow too. I shaved my legs and pits and I hope that I have done all I need to to be ready I bought me a sundress to come home in and its too cute!! Well best Wishes
Tamika
Unread 07-07-2010, 12:24 PM

For any of my surgeries, I usually received the call from the hospital the night before, finalizing the time and last minute do's and don'ts. However, for my last surgery I did receive the call two nights before which was good since I was traveling out of town for that surgery.

If you have concerns, don't hesitate to give your doctor or hospital a call!

Best wishes for your upcoming procedure!
Unread 07-07-2010, 01:13 PM

I was wondering that myself of course my surgery is not until July 15 but still have not had pre-op apt with hospital as my doctor said. They told me if they did not call me a week before to call them. Therefore, I did that yesterday and no call yet. I will call again tomorrow just wanting to make sure that everything goes as easy as possible.
Unread 07-07-2010, 01:19 PM

My surgery is July 26th and my dr office sent me the information along with drs orders for my pre-op visit at the hospital on july 20th. I assume at that time they will confirm all the information with me. I have had this for about two weeks now, so although I am scared, I have been trying to plan for post op living. Good luck on Friday.
Unread 07-08-2010, 07:23 AM

They just called to check me in Yay, surgery is tomorrow morning at 10am and the nurse said they have a room for me to spend the night if I think I need to! So nervous just wanted to post an update!!
Unread 07-08-2010, 07:30 AM

omg!!! It tomorrow and then we are off to the castle I cant wait to get this over with!! I hope that u have a good day today so that tomorrow u wont be so nervous
Tamika
Unread 07-08-2010, 11:18 AM

I'm sitting here, not moving from the phone, waiting for them to call with my surgery time! I'm on pins and needles! I did call them yesterday, to request a "first appointment"! I want to get this over and behind me, as quickly as possible!

At 4:30 this morning, I woke up to a total MESS! It was so bad, that I had to get in the shower, and wash off from the waist down! I'm SO drained and ready to get this behind me!

Here's hoping that tomorrow brings easy surgery and quick and complete healing for all of us!

{{{{Hugs to my surgery sisters}}}}

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register