The Evil Aunt Raises her Ugly Head for the LAST time | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The Evil Aunt Raises her  Ugly Head for the LAST time The Evil Aunt Raises her Ugly Head for the LAST time

Unread 10-03-2003, 08:59 AM
The Evil Aunt Raises her Ugly Head for the LAST time

O.K. kids...the Evil Aunt is beginning her last tour here. Craved chocolate ALL day yesterday and I woke up with a viscious headache this morning signaling that she will be here prompt as usual late Saturday evening/early Sunday morning. Blah!!! The only thing that I am holding on to is that this is her farewell tour!!!!!!

Weighed in at weight watchers yesterday and was up my customary 2 lbs (water weight) and the ladies there were sooo sweet, putting my lifetime membership on hold until I have recovered and vowing to assist me in safely losing any extra weight I put on once I have fully recovered and the doctor has given his OK. I even have a friend, a certified personal trainer, who has offered to help me get back in shape, once again, after the doctor has given the green light.

I celebrate saying Bye-Bye Uterus tomorrow on the beach with friends and then it will be preop on Tuesday and off to the castle on Thursday morning and the waiting will be over. Still...I feel YUCK today!!!! Dreading going into the castle dragging Aunt Flo along with me....but then I know that, with the pain pounding away at me, I'll be glad to be there to have she and her nonsense evicted. Does that make any sense? Hoping they will prescribe something to soothe my raw nerves the minute I get there so that I'm not a sobbing, shaking mess. Blah!

Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2003, 09:36 AM

Kim...

ahhhhhh....Revenge will be sweet as you leave that evil witch laying there. Just think: When you wake up, she'll be GONE GONE GONE!!!

Hang on, Sis....you're almost there!

s
Cat
Unread 10-03-2003, 09:44 AM

Thanks sweetie! For some strange reason I keep picturing the Evil Aunt as one of those flying monkies from The Wizard of Oz! I've been afraid of her this last year and a half just like I was afraid of the flying monkies as a child. Just counting down the days and trying to remain calm. Working on my list of questions for the pre-op appointment and trying to make certain I have everything I'll need. Just wish I felt better.

Thanks again, ever so much, for the love and support!!

Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2003, 10:47 AM

Hey Kim, Lisa here.

My aunts visiting right now, she should leave by Mon or Tue (thank god ). Sorry she'll be going to the castle with you!

I could be wrong but I thought I read on here that after surgery we'll still need our pads. Is that cause we'll still be bleeding? So, does that mean the visit isn't queit over?

I started my list on pre-op questions, but do you think you could share some of yours with me. I don't have to many, not sure what to ask?

I'll be calling you on Wen. to compare pre-op notes and wish you well. So, how's the not smoking thing going?

Talk to ya later. Losttexan~
Unread 10-03-2003, 11:03 AM

Weeeeeeellll, the not smoking is going so-so. I HAVE cut WAAAAY down to just a few a day (was at about 1-1/2 packs a day or more). Trying to quit when I am totally stressed is perhaps not the wisest thing I have ever done in my life. Trying with all my might to smoke less every day and it should be a breeze when Aunt Flo get's completely here and I am in a Percoset haze Hard to smoke when I am asleep 24/7!

Let's see! My questions/issues are as follows:
1) Discuss my concern about nausea after anesthesia.
2) Ask about insuring a pain free transition between the OR and post-OR.
3) Ask about bringing my own meds to the hospital (I'm on anti-seizure meds that cost a bloody fortune (have a two month supply here) and would prefer not to pay hospital prices for them!)
4) If I have the itchies from Morphine will there be a standing order for Benedryl?
5) Can catheter be inserted after I am out cold?
6) How long will surgery take?
7) Will my ovaries shut down temporarily?
8) What pre-op prep is required of me? (bowel, fasting, etc..)
9) What all do I have to accomplish to get released from the castle?
10) Should I be pain-killer free when I arrive at the hospital (I'm on Percoset for cramps)?
11) Discuss concerns about post-surgery belly.
12) Time frames for bed rest, going swimming, etc..
13) What meds will I need post surgery (Gas-X? Mylanta? laxative?) What does doc reccomend?
14) What steps should I follow to help my incision heal/fade?
15) I'd like to be as non-loopy as possible post surgery (hate feeling out of control) Is that possible without being in pain??

I'll probably think of lots more, but that's what I have now. What do you have on your list? Looking forward to talking to you!! I'll be home all day Wednesday as far as I know. Eek!! All sorts of nervous here!!!

Huggage!!

Kim
Unread 10-03-2003, 12:09 PM

Thanks for sharing!

Mine are as follows: (not many)

1. Will I get a tummy binder?
2. Anti-puek LOL. med in I.V during surgery, so recovery won't be a pueking issue.
3. Will he remove appendix? Can he?
4. What kind of stiches will I have? (self dissolving, staples or what )
5. Hair loss
6. What about bloating? How long? ECT....
7. Leg cuffs?
8. can they num my hand or arm before putting I.V. in?
9. Hubby wants to spend the night, so can he request a private room?
10. Will I be having bleeding & discharge right away? How long?
11. Pathology report? When will I know something?
12. What pain reliever will I have? (need something real strong) cause of low tolerence for pain
13. Can my hubby come into recovery with me?
14. Morphine drip? I'll beg!!!!!!
Unread 10-03-2003, 12:23 PM

ooo you have some great questions too!! I borrowed a few! The pukey thing worries me alot too, as well as the fact that I am not a nice person when I am in pain. Want to spare the nurses that if I can. I just really want to be awake and alert and pain free as soon as possible (I don't ask for much do I? ). Wish my DH could spend the night but we have 95 lb furry daughter (1/2 Australian cattle dog-1/2 Bluetick Hound) who would be very upset and confused if he didn't come home all night.

Kim

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register