robotic assisted vh on july 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

robotic assisted vh on july 12 robotic assisted vh on july 12

Unread 07-18-2011, 06:55 AM
robotic assisted vh on july 12

Hi,
I had my surgery on 12th. I was terrified of being put out and cath. I was very lucky they put in in while I was sleeping. I also had a mirena iud. They took that out while sleeping too. Basically everything went very easy. I have had three c-sections and thought it would be same. Nothing like it. The 5 incisions are not painful, although I feel alot of pulling and tugging when I move. I seriously felt like there was something alive in there because the gas pains feel like a baby moving and kicking. It took me 6 days to finally have a bm. It was not painful, although scary. One of my incisions has a golfball size lump on it which my doc says is a blood pocket. Anyone have this? It is painful like a bruise, but skin is not bruised.
Overall I feel pretty good, I am taking advil every 8 hours.
Before surgery I bled for two years everyday. Sometimes heavy sometimes just spotting. They found a large uterus with many fibroids one on outside. Plus my uterus had scar tissue all around it and was stuck to my c-section incision.
I hope everyone has an easy recovery. So far its not bad at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2011, 08:56 AM
Re: robotic assisted vh on july 12

Daisy1966

I had a LAVH surgery the day before you, but had an exploratory lap 2 weeks prior and ended up with the same lump on one of my incisions. Mine was about the size of a baseball at first and it did go down a little before my 2nd surgery....painful to the touch for sure! One day I hit it with the water hose and I swear that pain was worse than the pain from sugery. It seemed as though it was larger the more I was up. They used the same incisions for the 2nd surgery and evacuated the hematoma some, but I do still have a lump, but it will eventually be absorbed by the body. Just keep an eye on it and make sure your doctor is aware of it.
Unread 07-18-2011, 09:12 AM

Thank-you so much for answering. It probably was the scariest part of my surgery so far. The doc looked at it and pushed on it before I left hospital, but she seemed pretty sure its nothing. It does stick out way more when I stand up. It really is gross. Thanks again for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2011, 11:47 AM

it is gross! Mine is on my belly button incision so it looked like an alien coming out of my stomach. My doc is keeping an eye on it just to ensure it does get absorbed by the body. If it doesn't after a few months they can do surgery to get rid of it....here's to hoping both our bodies absorb them.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register