Surgery scheduled and I can't wait! Am I crazy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery scheduled and I can't wait! Am I crazy? Surgery scheduled and I can't wait! Am I crazy?

Unread 11-01-2003, 05:40 PM
Surgery scheduled and I can't wait! Am I crazy?

I just found out my surgery is scheduled for Nov. 18th. I was diagnosed with endo 11 years ago. Now, at the age of 31 and done having kids, the pain and heavy bleeding is back. I can't wait to finally be done with all of this. I am not excited about having surgery yet again, but it still seems so worth it. Medically speaking, I don't think I am at the point that a hysterectomy is totally necessary, but I don't want to wait until it is and they have to take the ovaries then too. Does this make any sence? Am I jumping the gun? I am nervous but sooo excited to be done with this at the same time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2003, 06:01 PM

No, you're not crazy! If you're crazy for being excited to be done forever more with the pain, mood swings, mess, etc. then I guess that I'm crazy also. LOL

I envy you because I have to wait until next month for my surgery.

I've always thought that when a woman knows deep in the deepest recesses of her heart that she is done having children then it should be offered as an elective to have a hysterectomy done - just leave her enough ovary to avoid HRT and let her be done with the pain, mess, etc.
Unread 11-01-2003, 06:04 PM

Thanks. I hope that the next month goes fast for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2003, 09:09 PM

I was extremely excited about having my hysterectomy also, at the age of 36. I would have had it done after my last child, at 29, if I could have.
The sooner, the better is my motto.

My quality of life has improved dramatically since my surgery. It amazes me everyday still, just how wonderful I feel.

Good luck to you. You are not crazy!
Unread 11-02-2003, 10:49 PM

I am 31 and had a TVH on 10/21, and have absolutely no regrets. I was smiling on my way into the OR, and came out smiling even bigger. The surgery was a breeze for me, and recovery has been a lot easier for me than I anticipated. The only real drag is that I get tired easily, but each day gets easier (I didn't take a single nap over the weekend . . . hooray!). Actually, recovery from childbirth was much more difficult for me, and definitely more painful. At any rate, the freedom from pain and bleeding is so great and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Kim
Unread 11-03-2003, 03:22 AM

If you are crazy then so am I!I cried with relief when i got my date(just one week before you) as i had a light at the end of the tunnel.I'm looking forward to a new life.I know its a major op but a few months will,I'm sure be worth it.

Best Wishes

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register