Weight loss - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Weight loss

I'm pretty much just happy to still be at the same weight I was the morning of the surgery. I'm hoping when life calms down (after son is moved away to college) I'll make the time to start walking again. I loved the last couple weeks I was off from work because I really enjoyed taking my walk every morning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2007, 02:09 AM
Weight loss

I have lost 7 pounds in 10 days too, and food that I used to really like is not sounding good anymore, I hope it keeps up.
Unread 08-14-2007, 05:13 PM
Losing weight

I'd gained nearly 20 lbs in the year before the Hyst due to fatigue and other health issues...I've lost it all as of today...still overweight...but not as much as before!

Doc said at post-op visit today that the body uses quite a bit of energy healing post-op. Who knew?

That, and the fact that nothing seems to interest me, food-wise, and I've had several periods of upset stomach, seems to have done the trick!

Anyway, thought I'd throw in my 2 cents on it...

Best to all,
Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2007, 05:27 PM
Weight loss

hummmm, that makes perfect sense to me that we would be using lots more calories in the healing process! Remember when we were breast feeding? how many calories you burned when breast feeding> that was the most incredible thing I have ever seen!
Interesting, and I am sure it is correct. That is why we are losing! Yeee hawww, I LOVE this I only had about 10 or 12 pounds that I wanted to shed anyway and i am over half way there! Keep on Healing, keep on healing!
Unread 08-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Weight loss

Wow - good for you! I wish I could say the same! As long as your doc isn't worried and your eating properly keep up the great work!
Unread 08-15-2007, 04:48 AM
Weight loss

Got to remember to weigh myself today.
Unread 08-15-2007, 05:02 AM
Weight loss

13 down.....and burning more calories does make sense....I am eating more ice cream but still keepin it off!
Thank you God.....(hope I did not just jinx myself)
Unread 08-15-2007, 08:02 AM
Weight loss

Hi all
when i got on the scales this morning i 2 have found that i have lost weight, 6 pounds, im not a big person anyway and i have been eating fairly normally, even chocolate, i stopped eating chocolate pre-op as i heard so many stories on people gainin loads of weight after their ops, and i also have an underactive thyroid which is under control and i tend to put weight on around my middle, but i seem to look slimmer, except for the lower swelly belly, which isnt that bad, i hope the weight doesnt go back on, we should be so lucky eh.
Unread 08-15-2007, 08:19 AM
Weight loss

Hope you are right that the weight doesn't come back. I did ask my Dr before my LSH if weight gain would be something I would have to worry about and he told me that only when both ovaries are removed, the HRTs can have an effect on gain, but that can also be controlled with the proper dosage of HRTs. He then said that any weight gain afterwards, would be up to me!!!

I did notice that when I was placed on hormones to try to shrink my fibroids, I gained 5 pounds and was not a nice person for a month. The hormones did not work in shrinking my fibroids, I was taken off of them. I was told I was placed on an aggressive load of hormones.

My DH told me this morning that he can really tell I've lost. Don't know if he was just saying that to make me feel better or not; but it did sound nice coming from him, since he sees me everyday!!! He also told me that when I'm able he wants me to go to Victoria Secret!!!! Now I have a goal!
Unread 08-18-2007, 08:46 AM
Weight loss

I'm four weeks post op and have found lurking and listening to you guys so supportive. Good luck to you all that have lost weight - I wish it were me. In fact I got so excited after the first week cos I got on the scales and I was 5lbs lighter but it didn't take long. I began eating normally and before I knew it the weight just started going up and I'm now heavier than I was before op. I know I'm less active at the moment but it was getting me down and I was worried that I won't be able to loss the weight. At the moment most of my clothes don't fit - help!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register