advice--why am I so sad? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

advice--why am I so sad? advice--why am I so sad?

Unread 07-16-2011, 07:11 AM
advice--why am I so sad?

Hi, my name is Diane and I am a single 34 yr old mom of two wonderful little girls. I know I am just like everyone else on this page I am here because I had to have a hystetectomy. On Tuesday July 12th I had a total hystetectomy which means my overies were left. But what I am wondering is I am so sad, on the verge of breaking down and crying all the time I am afraid I will loose it completely. I don't want to get out of bed but I have a 9 and 2 yr old so I have to. I was wondering if anyone else can tell me if they struggeled with feeling like this and how long it lasted for. My Dr did not warn me about this and I thought because they were leaving my overies that I would not feel like this. Any advice on how to snap out of this would be great. I feel bad complaining because I know everyone here has done through the same thing and I was luckly enough through all my problems to be blessed with 2 beautiful little girla.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2011, 08:29 AM
Re: advice

Go ahead and complain! Thats what we are here for. After surgery your overies can go to sleep. They have to adjust to their new blood flow. I had TVH on may 4 and I am just getting off my emotional roller coaster. Hang in there. It will get better! Your still early on in your recovery, give yourself time. If things don't get better call your Dr.
Big HUGS for you and good luck,
Adlina
Unread 07-16-2011, 09:16 AM
Re: advice

It is completely normal to go through an emotional roller coaster after this surgery. Even though your ovaries are still there, you did loose a part of your body. They way that it was explained to me, and I had a complete hysterectomy, was that I was going through a grieving process to a point.
Sometimes the the medication that you are on to control the pain, can make you feel emotional. Do not beat yourself up about this, I would almost bet that most of us on here has gone through this at some point in the recovery process.
It will get better, just give yourself sometime.
Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2011, 10:47 AM
Re: advice--why am I so sad?

I feel the same way too. Almost like postpartum depression times 10! I have one ovary left and wasn't planning on feeling like this. My doctor said that this kind of surgery can traumatize/shock the remaining ovary(ies) and that it could take a couple of cycles for them to produce hormones at the level they were before. She said if I feel like its getting worse that they could put me on a low dose of antidepressant and possibly give a booster of estrogen.
Unread 07-17-2011, 09:08 PM

Thank goodness I read all your comments tonight!
I had a LAVH on June 13 and my incisions aren't healed because I also have auto immune problems (Lupus, arthritis). I am experiencing the emotional roller coaster and the "one day I feel good, the next day I am too tired and in bed" syndrome.
I head back to teaching in a month and it is totally overwhelming me to even think about it.
While these feelings may be normal, please keep posting where you are in the recovery process. It helps to hear that you are not alone, you are NOT a whiner and that what you are feeling is valid.
Hang in there! I am trying to, also!
Clarissa
45 years old
LASVH
Unread 07-18-2011, 12:41 PM

Emotional?? I hear you!! Crying for no reason and then feeling stupid because you're crying. I still have both ovaries. The dr told my hubby at the hospital to be prepared for emotional overload. Just wondering how long it lasts.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register