Treatment: exhaustion | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-23-2012, 11:21 AM
exhaustion

I have today started my 6th week of Radiotherapy, alongside weekly Cisplatin and feel like i've hit a brick wall. I'm laid in bed, doing nothing. My bowels don't know what they're doing (radiotherapy apparently) i'm not getting the signal that I need to urinate. If I eat my stomach bloats immediately and is really painful. I was told the rads and chemo side effects were cumulative, but I don't think my body can take anymore. I guess my bloods are low too after 5 weeks of chemo. I think what is also worrying me is that the rads won't reach their peak until 2 weeks post treatment.

Any tips girls or has anyone else felt like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Re: exhaustion

Oh April I feel your pain! My lowest point was at the end of my five weeks of daily radiation (I had 3 sessions of chemo prior to that). I was totally wiped and really doubted that I could take any more. I'm here to tell you, it got better almost as soon as I stopped the treatments. I had a 3 week break before going back to complete my chemo sessions and by that time I was refreshed and ready. Hang in there - the end of the tunnel is near.
Sending you healing hugs and positive vibes.
Pam
P.S. I had a really embarrassing incident in the grocery store thanks to radiation induced diarrhea!!
Unread 04-23-2012, 01:50 PM

What are you eating? That could be contributing to the digestive issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2012, 02:38 PM

I'm vegetarian, no meat or fish. I am craving certain foods, salad, cold potatoes, salad dressing (i don't usually like it), pasta. My mum is making veg soup. You would think i would have diarrhoea, but no, not me.
Unread 04-23-2012, 04:15 PM

April, I'm really sorry you're feeling like this. The Radiation/Chemo is bad enough without the bowel issues on top of it! Do you eat any whole grain cereals, bran or flax seeds? Those seem to really help me. They may not the most appealing thing right now, though. I know you feel really crummy from the treatments and probably don't feel like getting out of bed at all but even if you could get up and walk even 2 minutes per hour, it might help your bowels some.

Do you get a break from treatment soon? I hope you do and your body has a chance to restore itself. Sending hugs and positive thoughts to you for things to get better!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register