Want to chicken out....NEED happy stories about life after posterier repair! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Want to chicken out....NEED happy stories about life after posterier repair! Want to chicken out....NEED happy stories about life after posterier repair!

Unread 02-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Want to chicken out....NEED happy stories about life after posterier repair!

One week to go and I am stupidly rereading the stats on how many women give up sex because it is too painful after rectocele repair. This will be second surgery in 4 months and I just want to get this fixed and over with but boy, I am so nervous about causing more problems than I already have. I also know that most of the problems are what you read as the successes are busy doing other things.

Some of you have shared your good stories before. I was just wondering how many others are happy with their post-repair sex lives. Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2007, 10:17 PM

(((Kathy)))
Bless your heart, I know you're really struggling with this decision. While it's normal to be nervous and good to be realistic about the fact that there is some possibility you could end up with more problems, at some point you have to let all that go. I hope you can come to the place here where you'll decide this is a quality of life issue and you have to take the risk or else put up with the current situation.

I wish I could say something that would put your heart completely at ease. I will share that I had my rectocele repair done with a bladder sling when I had my hyst. I could have had all sorts of problems as some women do, but I didn't. I have had a wonderful out come. I couldn't be happier with my surgery. My sex life is great, I no longer have incontinence and I don't bleed nonstop.

I know you know the pros and cons of your choice here. Try to let the worry go. If you can't and it isn't worth the risk, then maybe you do need to reconsider. I just don't want to see you in torment when you can't know the outcome for certain.

I'm praying you will come to terms with this decision and find a peace in your heart to procede with calm assurance that you've made a wise choice.
's, Rita
Unread 02-05-2007, 03:55 AM

Hi, Kathie,

Since I have not had the procedure, I can only offer you my prayers & moral support. As Precious Pearl said above, you've obviously done your homework about this...I am hoping more girls will share their stories with you so that you will feel more confident in the decision that you eventually make. Good luck honey and I will be praying for ya!

big

Ginny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2007, 10:47 AM

Pearl, that was one of the kindest most caring responses I have ever gotten (and I have gotten some great ones!) Thank you. I have made up my mind to go with it and I am not going to waste another minute of this last week worrying about it. I had a little 'episode' last night to help put in in perspective and this is not something I want to do for the rest of my life and I am willing to chance it in hopes of getting back to normal. Thank you so much for the kind words....I am going to stop whining now and do what I have to do. :
Ginny, thank you, too, for your good wishes. All the ladies with the good stories are out enjoying their lives. I am glad for them but they are missing out on the wonderful sisters here. I would not have missed being a part of this for anything!

Atleast I have the castle part down and really have no worries about that. I have a week left to enjoy myself and I will!
Unread 02-05-2007, 02:49 PM

I am only a few weeks post op but I feel that I made the right decision. Yes, I have pain, and yes I am tired, but I also realize that my body went through a lot on surgery day. I have been having the hot/cold thing going on. My poor hubby doesn't get much sleep with the covers being moved around to accomadate my changing temps.

I am being very pampered by everyone from husband, mother, friends, etc. The teenage sons, well what did I expect they are teenagers. LOL.

Here's a and I hope that you get the support and time to heal that I have had.
Unread 02-05-2007, 03:11 PM

I had my surgery on May 25, 2006...I had both a hysterectomy, and several repairs, both anterior and posterior...I feel as if my life has been given a second chance...My sex life is great...I can go about my days without pain and bleeding. There are a lot of positive outcomes, but you are right, you do not hear about them so much, just the complaints.
Unread 02-05-2007, 03:30 PM

Thanks for the good updates! I am so happy for you that things are good. I have unfortunately used up most of my 'Pampering allowance' since I just had hyst 4 months ago. My DH was wonderful for that but everyone has their limits. He did not have to do much for me then...I was cooking by the third day (I wanted to) but I was feeling pretty rotten for about 8 weeks. Not much fun. Now here we go again...no sex, and back to feeling crappy.

The other hard part is I had no pain and bleeding before hyst. I felt wonderful...just did not want cancer so I did hyst. Now I don't have pain (just discomfort and I hate splinting) so again I am trading feeling OK for going back to being in recovery. I am so happy to hear good reports and I am so glad you are both doing well!

I am going to have a successful result too. I will follow every restriction and lay low for as long as I need to.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register