sorry systers..i need to vent | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

sorry systers..i need to vent sorry systers..i need to vent

Unread 03-09-2007, 02:35 PM
sorry systers..i need to vent

I was 33 when i had my LAVH little over a year ago. Took my ovaries as well. My surgeon said I was "a mess in there". Anyway after the initial recovery I started to feel great. HRT was working and I just felt good.
That is until about December.......I had this pain that was getting worse and worse. I went to my dr and she said it was adhesions...they are painful at times and be very annoying. I am going to physical therapy to maybe avoid having another surgery to have them removed...which of course would be a greater risk of them coming back.
Well therapy had been going well for about a month when i noticed the same belly ache that i would get before surgery (when i had ovarian cysts that would be leaking or burst.)
Surgeon was out of town on vacation so called my family dr, went for an ultrasound and back to see him. Well just I as thought there was fluid in the cul-de-sac. How did it get there when I have nothing left in there????? The good news he said "there appears to be no masses in there. The fluid will absorb in about 10 days."
That was a wk ago Monday, the next day I was in the ER in such extreme pelvic/abdominal pain that i had taken 3 pain pills within 9 hours and it did not help at all. Well after a ct scan that wasn't real clear, the er dr thinking it was my appendix, I was admitted for the night to repeat test the next morning.
Ct scan done Wed, morning and the said again that it wasnt real clear but...your appendix is fine...you can go home.
Well it has been a week since and i feel much better, the pain is gone for now...Surgeon wants to send me to a GI dr thinks i might have IBS...so at this point I am thinking whatever...
I know that this is a long post and I opologize....but any other systers after surgery experience anything like i have described? Or adhesions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2007, 02:57 PM

I am sorry this is happening to you redwing. I am so sick of doctors using IBS as a garbage can diagnosis. Now, I realize that many people truly have IBS but it does not cause fluid in the cul-de-sac. A GI onsult is a good idea though. Adhesions are very painful. Also, if any endometriosis is left on the bowels can this cause problems? I am defenitely not a gyn expert but I thought I read that somewhere.
Good luck and vent more often, this is a safe place for that.
Unread 03-09-2007, 03:17 PM

I don't know much about adhesions except that the dr found some when he did my sah feb 7. They did not seem to be causing me any pain. I asked my dr about it and he said most people after surgery get them but not everyone gets pain from them. I don't think I am being much help except to say so sorry you have to go through all this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2007, 04:54 PM

I am so sorry you are going through this. I know it must be horrible when you have REAL pain and nobody seems to have the answers to why. I would see a GI MD as soon as I could. Diverticulitis can cause pain like what you described, just usually not all the fluid you discribe. I wish I could help, I will tell you that a good gastro MD could be the answer to your questions. Good luck and vent WHENEVER you want, and dont apologize. Heck I was whining about having to poop last night and nobody made me feel bad about it-lol
Unread 03-09-2007, 06:26 PM

Hi Redwing,

I agree with Tara that you should go to Gastro doc. I did have diverticulitis on my right side and ended up having a colon resection last year. I just went to see my GI doc today because I'm having some weird right side pain again. My GI doc thinks my issue could be from adhesions since I had 2 major surgeries last year.

Good Luck,
Maureen
Unread 03-12-2007, 07:13 AM

Yeah...I know seeing the GI dr is a good idea, i just dont feel that that area is the one causing problems....I feel like it is more pelvic region issues, but since they took it all out what would be there causing me the issues? Yeah the adhesions seem to be okay for awhile then they flare up so to speak...The worst seems to be on my lower left pelvic, about where my ovary was. The fluid in there is what really puzzles me. What caused it?????? I am sick of going to DR's, physical therapy, taking all these meds, being in pain, being limited as to what i can do, even my sex life is suffering again!!!!! ...Sometimes I wish that I would not have had the surgery and just dealt with those issues...
Unread 03-12-2007, 07:59 AM

Believe me I compleletly understand the feeling of "done with Md's" but one more, just one more might be the trick. I can feel the frustration in your email, I am so sorry, I wish I had the answer. Please, if the current md is not giving you help, find another one. You dont have to put up with this, demand better care. Please keep venting, keep us posted.
Unread 03-12-2007, 09:23 AM

Thanks systah's.....I got one more thing to add to all of this. I got the results of my bone density test back and it sayd that i have some degeneration of my lower spine....GREAT!!!
I have about a month before I go to the GI dr. Hopefully no other attacks like had 2 weeks ago and that they find exactly what is wrong....I'll keep posting...and again thanks sistahs.....
Unread 03-12-2007, 09:36 AM

Sugah, you need to have a "come to Jesus meeting" with your body. Tell it "only one issue at a time". Be firm with it. lol
I hope you feel better soon, I really do, and I hope that everything works out for you.
But on a lighter note, Sharann and I have decided to make a reality show based on the alien invasions that have obviously taken over our bodies without our permission....I am thinkin that you could definately be our 3rd person...I wanna be Paris, I told Shar she would have to be Nicole...umm....HEY...you wanna be Jessica Simpson? I am thinking a survivor theme kinda thing....think of the adoring fans we could have? LOL
Heck, its a thought. LOL
I really have wayyy too much time on my hands-lol
:dance2:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register