Vaginal bleeding/discharge | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal bleeding/discharge Vaginal bleeding/discharge

Unread 05-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Vaginal bleeding/discharge

I was wondering just how long, heavy etc your post op bleeding/ discharge was/is?

My doc never spoke much to me about this so it was a bit of a surprise to me. I was able to call my MIL and ask her about this, but still wondering how it is/was with others. I didn't start any bleeding until day 16 post op...light pinkish orange and now it has bits of tan looking tissue. Seems as if at times it's gushing, but it's not. Just really annoying and wondering how much longer I will have to wear a pad (also getting slight rub rash from pad). BTW... Don't waste big $$$ on the new Always Infinity pads...the original ones work just as well if not better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2011, 07:52 PM
Re: Vaginal bleeding/discharge

I did not really have much bleeding at all with my hyst in October. I also had A&P with that and had to have the P redone in February because the rectocele was not properly repaired. With that surgery I had severe pain until I passed a huge clot on day 12, but had no other bleeding afterwards. Around 2 weeks some of the sutures start to dissolve, and this can cause light bleeding for several days. That is most likely what you are having. If you start having pain or smelly discharge I would contact your doctor to make sure you don't have an infection. Good luck!
Unread 05-14-2011, 09:25 PM

I had my tvh Jan 18th, and I bled for 3 weeks and had discharge for about 4 to 5 weeks. I went through a pad a day. If you go through a pad in an hour or two, its too much. Call your Dr. We all heal differently. But definately call your dr if you think its to much. Good Luck in your recovery process.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2011, 09:27 PM

My discharge went from brown to red to brown to tan. The discharge and blood means your stiches are dissolving.
Unread 05-14-2011, 09:30 PM

I had discharge for about 5 weeks after surgery. Not a huge amount -- a panty liner was all I needed. I wouldn't really call it blood; it was pinkish in the beginning and eventually became yellowish-tan. I'm at 6 weeks now and I still get a little bit, but not enough to even bother with a liner.

I bled for months before my surgery. It's nice to finally not have anything coming out of me!
Unread 05-14-2011, 11:13 PM

I am just over 4 weeks post op and still randomly spot. Pink sometimes more red or brown. The more physical I am the more I spot, doc said it was normal as long as it was just spotting.
Unread 05-15-2011, 05:47 AM

I had really nothing now today almost two weeks post op I am bleeding. I love this site cause reading what other people have gone through really helps. Im thinking its like a couple girls have said its probably internal stitches. I will keep my eyes on it. I hope you do well also. Have a blessed day everyone

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register