Hey Ladies, word to the wise??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hey Ladies, word to the wise??? Hey Ladies, word to the wise???

Unread 03-15-2005, 11:44 AM
Hey Ladies, word to the wise???

Hello everyone - let me bring you up to date - TAH, everything GONE. i had lots of pain, and strange knots (more like rolls of coins under the skin, near and around the incision). it was red, PAINFUL, and getting worse. i called the docs office,(thursday) and was told by the girl to put poroxide 4 X daily. Firday worse still, doc said to come in. he gave me antibiotics and toradal. the toradol DID NOTHING, so i only took two. Sunday night, the flood gates opened up - GROSS. the incision opened in the center, and was pouring puss and blood. i felt releif, knowing it was getting out, but then a new pain appeared. I called dr on monday, and the girl said to keep putting poroxide and to call next day. After crying, and feeling sorry for myself, i went to the ER, different hospital than the operation. Seems like i have many 'pockets' of infections, and they need to be opened up, if they do not move to the open wound. Er doc would rather my Doc do it, I stated that my doc seems unresponsive. okay to today- ER doc called to check on me (wow) and wanted to make sure i was seeing my Dr. Called numerous times, finally hours later got the girl at the office - told her what happened and that i needed to see dr - Dr gets on the phone - CAN"T BELEIVE HE DID NOT KNOW I CALLED the day before, had no idea i was opened up!!!
LESSON: the Doctor may really CARE, may have no idea you are in distress!!! He will see me tomorrow, and try to "punch' a hole through without new incision! I feel much better knowing he does care about my recovery. another thing i learned at the ER - they said you heal from the outside in - and as long as you have trouble on the incision, you are not healing properly on the inside - good to know.
Hope this helps anyone haivng problems with the doc's - make SURE YOU TALK DIRECTLY to the doc - he may have no idea you need him! on my way finally to some releif!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2005, 12:10 PM

I understand completely. My TAH w/ everything removed was on 3/2/05. on Wed. Thur. was feeling pretty good. Fri. dr checked in and said go home. I got out of my hosp. bed to get dressed and in the middle of the floor poured (litteraly) a puddle of blood. Needless to say that it did this 4 times that afternoon and my dr left me open to pack it and heel that way. After they came and packed my incision I stood up once again so they could send me home and once again it poured all over the floor. My DH was there he ran and got help. they could not get any vitals on me and I was slipping slowly away. They called my DR, and once again i was in surgery w/ blood transfusion. My DR restapled and i went home on Sunday the 6th. I stil have staple because it is still seeping blood. But my DR. calls to check me everyday. he really pulled through for me and has even called when his partners are on weekend call. I wouldn't give him a second thought. Sure hope you get all healed up and closed soon. will be thing of you. Chris
Unread 03-15-2005, 02:57 PM

Ladies!! A little advice from an Office Manager for a physician..... If EVER the time comes that you call your DR with a problem and you only get to talk with the "girls" in the office, insist on speaking to the Office Manager.

I have found in the past that the "girls" in the office have often failed to inform the DR of the problem and believe me, they are NOT qualified to give out medical advice! They are risking their DR's license by doing so...

So, if you have any doubt that the info is getting to the DR, ask for their Manager! There is only ONE YOU and you are TOO PRECIOUS to risk your health by putting up with such nonsense!!

Rebeccasue26

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register