First bout of crying-scared will I do this forever? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

First bout of crying-scared will I do this forever? First bout of crying-scared will I do this forever?

Unread 12-30-2011, 09:57 PM
First bout of crying-scared will I do this forever?

Watching Bridesmaids-a funny movie I suddenly cry-I've read others say they cry at times, but come on now, during a funny movie? I am tearing up right now writing this!

I can't take any hormones, have no ovaries, so is this the begining of meno symptoms? Will I be all emotional like this forever? Gosh, I hope not.

Thanks for any answers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2011, 03:32 AM
Re: First bout of crying-scared will I do this forever?

Dear Kathy,

No, I promise, the crying bouts will not go on forever. Forever is ... a really long time. I had my 9th hysterversary the day after your surgery, but kept my ovaries, so I know I cannot say how your specific recovery will go, but my own advice is this: the first 6 weeks, you are allowed a free pass for any crying, whether the movies are tragic, happy, or absent. Take your recovery day to day, even minute to minute. Your body is adjusting to extreme changes. Please oh please, be patient with yourself. Keep in touch with your doctor.

If you ever, and I mean ever, feel out of control or self-destructive, that's the time to seek help. Even before if you feel you need it.

I am sorry to say that 9 years post-hysterectomy, I still cry at happy movies sometimes. Drives my children crazy.

Hopefully someone will be along soon who has lost their ovaries to give you a more specific timeline. I just wanted to say hang in there and let you know you are not alone, even at 5 AM. Please be patient and kind to yourself.

In love and light,
Loretta
Unread 12-31-2011, 03:50 AM

Hi there Kathy, doesn't need to be a movie at all for me today, have had a really teary day. I am 5 weeks post hyster and also have no ovaries. I was thinking I might not need hormone therapy but have had several bouts of tears today and am hoping it will soon pass. can't really offer any advice, except to say that I feel too. Take care of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2011, 10:56 AM

I know with the lupron (no add back therapy) all the menopause symptoms including crying lasted about 5 or 6 weeks. After that I would have my moments but it was a lot better. My doctor said surgical menopause would be similar, maybe a little bit worse but not much. I had my first meltxown Lawrence night. Al I can do is pray that my husband and I make it through this is one piece!

My doctor also said that if it gets to where I cant take it, he can put me on a very low dose hormones and chances are the endow wouldn't flare up. I'm going to do mybest to handle it though.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register