Hello All | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-11-2006, 06:48 PM
Hello All

Hello, I am new here, just joined the other day. I have a vaginal laproscopic hysterectomy scheldued for this Thursday (7-10-06). I am 26 yrs old. I was wondering, if there are many people as young as me, that is going through this. I am very very nervous about my upcoming surgery. I would appreciate any and all advice pertaining to the surgery itself and mostly recovery. I am looking forward to making lots of new friends here and sharing advice and experiences. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Hello All

I am 30 is your surgery the 10 or 13th
Unread 07-11-2006, 07:58 PM
Hello All

I'm 32 so not too much older than you. I've heard that the most common times for hysterectomy are the 30's and then much later in life (70's or something like that).

Good luck - this place will give you lots of support and answer many, many questions for you! You are not alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2006, 08:56 AM
Hello All

Hi I am 27. I know it freaked me out alot to be so young facing such a huge thing. I had a TAH so as far as recovery yours will be different. I am not sure how recovery is when you have a vaginal hysterectomy. But common things to do during recovery is rest, rest, and rest. Make sure to drink plenty of water, and walk. I would take the "long way" to the bathroom adding a couple of steps to my trip. The family thought that was funny. When ever I would ask dh to help me stand up out of the recliner. They would ask where are you going? When I replied to the bathroom all attention turned to me. I would try not to giggle because it did not feel good, but as they giggled I would start giggling too.
Jaclyn
Unread 07-12-2006, 10:56 AM
Hello All

JesusLovesU--the 13th, I didn't realized that I messed up on the date, until just now...lol Thanks everyone so much!
Unread 07-12-2006, 11:05 AM
Hello All

Hey All,
I am 31 years old. The age thing does not bother me to much. Infact never once crossed my mind until I read some of the posts on here. I guess I am not surprised because my mom had one at 29. I can tell ya that I am nervous and scared at the same time. One minute I will think" I am totally gonna be fine!" The next I think" what if something goes wrong during surgery," or "with the sleepy medicine." I try and picture myself pre-op and then post -op. The pre- op I see myself freaking out and crying . The post up I see myself tired and sore and glad that it is over......Maybe I should not picture it so much in my head. I am having a LAHV on the 2nd of August, and when I think about how close that is, I get those darn butterflies....
Unread 07-12-2006, 01:58 PM
Hello All

Hay Tata1975
We have the same date!
Liz
Unread 07-12-2006, 02:05 PM
Hello All

Look in Articles & Resources at the top of the page.
Checkpoints is a must read!!!
Also browse the Hysterectomy Stories pages.

Remember this: No question is a dumb question. If you don't get your answers the first time, post again and again. The pages roll by quick. If you respond to your posts with a thank you or hello or bump, it will return your post to the new posts page where it's most likely to be read and answered. This way it stays on top.

Good Luck, stay connected to this site and lots of wonderful women here will help you get thru this.

We all do this together!!!!
Unread 07-12-2006, 02:53 PM
Hello All

Hi! My name is Tonya. I am 28. I have a TVH on August 1 and I am petrified. I'll be praying for you. I know we can all get through this, yes we are young, but we'll be stronger and better once it's over and we're recovered!!
Unread 07-12-2006, 03:56 PM
Hello All

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlemakerinKy
Hay Tata1975
We have the same date!
Liz
We do don't we... Are you in the north or south of Kentucky? I used to live there. Did I already tell you that?lol ... Are you getting nervous? I know I am . Did not sleep much last night. Am gonna try like heck tonight. We are gonna get through this.. It will be like cake..... (Hpoefully...) What type of hyster are you going to have? I am going to have a LAVH.
Tara

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register