Your body after surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Your body after surgery Your body after surgery

Unread 11-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Your body after surgery

If you had healthy bowel habits before and eat a diet high in fiber that should have some affect on how fast things return to normal. Right?

I am 9 days away and more and more things are starting to creep in my mind.

Working on staying calm........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Your body after surgery

Your bowel function is very, very important. It'll work a little differently at first because you're coming off anthesia, pain meds, and surgery. But things do return to normal. Eating healthy and drinking enough water can help your body heal faster and make you feel better.
Staying calm? Very, very important. How to do it? Keep in contact with your dr/surgeon and don't hesitate to bring up something that is bothering you if you don't feel right or comfortable. I've hung new curtains in the guest bedroom, decorated in a nice sage green and lilac, added a TV and VCR and I'll turn off the lights, pop in a good movie (Titanic, Truth about Cats and Dogs, While you were sleeping) and watch and knit. I cry if I need to cry and laugh when I need to laugh. Keeping good books handy (Bible, self-help, romance or whatever you find comfort in) to read is good.
Talk to your sisters and we'll talk back.

Speckla
Unread 11-03-2007, 01:23 PM
Your body after surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortableLady
If you had healthy bowel habits before and eat a diet high in fiber that should have some affect on how fast things return to normal. Right?

I am 9 days away and more and more things are starting to creep in my mind.

Working on staying calm........

Remember, you have plenty of reasons to be calm. Although complications and unpleasant situations can (and do, obviously) happen, they often don't. What I found most helpful was focusing not on the surgery, but on being past it--how good it would be a week later The Day. And it was. And just so you don't get too alarmed by the tough experiences some here have had to endure, here's the other side of the coin, from my experience--no problems. No constipation, no need for pain meds, no mood swings, hot flashes, or sleeplessness. Just some tiredness and achiness for a few weeks. I realize I was very, very lucky, but I'm sure there are plenty of others who have been similarly lucky. I hope you'll be one of them!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register