4 weeks TAH post op-and so very tired and achy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks TAH post op-and so very tired and achy 4 weeks TAH post op-and so very tired and achy

Unread 09-10-2010, 09:52 PM
4 weeks TAH post op-and so very tired and achy

Week 2 I felt really good but now that I am in week 4 I feel worse. Not sure if its cuz I"m doing "too much" or because I have a 14 month old I have to chase around! I guess I thought I would be much better by now. Im in really good shape but this is really doing me in.......any other ladies out there feel the same way and is this to be expected? So ready to start feeling good again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2010, 11:38 PM
Re: 4 weeks TAH post op-and so very tired and achy

I am 2 weeks post op TAH and felt great at the first part of the week - over did it 2 days ago and I am still worn out. I think it may take you awhile because you do have such a young child. All I can suggest it is take as easy as you can and nap when your child is napping. Like you did when s/he was born.

Good luck. Hope you feel better real soon.
Unread 09-11-2010, 07:25 PM

I am also 4 weeks post op and get tired real quickly! Still having major trouble with my belly and the dr said it was because of me taking narcotics and was 80% gas while the other 20% is swelling from the surgery and the fact that I bruised horribly. I have been taking strong narcotics for years because i have lupus and osteoarthritis in my spine and hips and I have never had trouble with my belly swelling like it is now. It is all right in the middle between my belly button on the incision the incision looks great but in between which is where the dr said he did all the work is sort a swollen in the morning but by afternoon it is so swollen until it hurts. I passing a lot of gas so maybe it is gas but I just have a hard time seeing it being just because I take narcotics because I have always taken them. Hmm.
I have days i feel like I can jump the moon though except for the swelling and then days I have a hard time getting out of bed.
If it wasn't for my lifting at work the Dr was going to let me go back to work on Monday. I can't even wear my own clothes yet so I didn't really understand that part either... He said it would take about 6 weeks more before I would feel close to normal again as far as weakness and the numbness I feel in my tummy area. I go back on October 1st and hopefully will feel like going back to work after that. Right now I couldn't work if I wanted to just don't have the energy but he said to MOVE and work my energy back up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2010, 08:22 PM

Up and down, round and round, 2 steps forward 1 step back! That is the story of my recovery! :-)

Week4 and 5 I was more tired and achy too, then I kind of had a jump ahead around 6 weeks, then felt worse at 8 weeks, then better at 10....seems to be a pattern for me.....IF i remember right, in reading the post op check points feeling better and then blah is very normal at the 4 and 5 weeks mark...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register