Scheduled TAH how can i still do halloween???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

how can i still do halloween???? how can i still do halloween????

Unread 09-24-2013, 03:47 PM
how can i still do halloween????

I am 25 with four children age 1,2,5, and 6. I am having a tah on oct. 18th is there any way i will be recovered enough to go trick or treating with my kids? I wont have much help with my kids either after i get home from the hospital. sorry for ranting but i am scared and was wanting to know how everyones recovery went.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2013, 04:18 PM
Re: how can i still do halloween????

I get mine done the 8th and have the SAME questions and worries!!!!!! Good luck girlie!!!
Unread 09-24-2013, 04:22 PM
how can i still do halloween????

Good luck to you too. I hope your surgery and recovery goes smoothly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2013, 04:23 PM

Having had a TAH myself and knowing what I was up for 13 days after surgery, I would suggest that maybe this is the year you stay home and let the rest of the neighbourhood bring Halloween to you.

Or... is there a teenager you know and trust who could take your 5- and 6-year-old out in exchange for $20? Is there another mother with kids of similar ages who'd be willing to take your kids out along with her own?
Unread 09-24-2013, 04:40 PM

PS Whatever you're planning to do for Halloween in terms of costumes, decorations, etc., try and get as many as possible of the preparations done *before* surgery.
Unread 09-24-2013, 05:53 PM

See if there is a trunk or treat in your area. I am 2 weeks post op and feeling great, but for the most part I took it very easy to feel this good. I had a TAH due to bad adhesions. My advise is take it as easy as you can, see if there is a trunk or treat, and let your tiny humans know that it might be a short trick or treat trip this year... also see if someone can lend you a "scooter" for the night, maybe check with your local church to get some help too! See you on the other side.
Unread 09-24-2013, 10:31 PM

That's less than two weeks. It would not be a good idea to push forward with your regular halloween plans. I'm sure your kids would rather have a well healed mom and miss one Halloween. You surely would understand that big picture, even if your kids don't yet.
Unread 09-24-2013, 10:46 PM

My kids will get go anyways because daddy will take them. i just dont know if i can handle missing it. it will be the first year the baby can walk and the two year old is old enough to understand. My DH said we could drive around and i could sit in the car..... maybe but it seems like i would be taking something from my kids. at least i get to help them pick out their costumes and get ready. i will just have to wait and see.
Unread 09-25-2013, 05:20 AM

I would see if a neighbor could take the five and six yr old. They can have fun still
Unread 09-25-2013, 06:29 AM

Honey I'm going through the same thing!!! But this year I'm putting ME first. Halloween come every year, this surgery and huge change will only happen once! Thank god for cameras and videos!!! I truly suggest u stay home...I know I am. it sucks but it's better than risking a good recovery! Hope everything works out love....xxx Kel

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register