Concerned about Timing | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Concerned about Timing Concerned about Timing

Unread 06-08-2007, 08:40 AM
Concerned about Timing

I know having this surgery will make me feel better after I have recovered, and my loving husband won't have to worry about looking at my helplessly when I am so bent over from cramping that he doesn't know what to do.

The other girl I work with is willing to help find someone, but I am afraid she won't be able to go back home to visit family if I schedule my surgery for the last week of June, and then my husband is a volunteer in the local community, and if I schedule it for the end of the month, he won't be able to participate in the annual Hoopfest in town.

Has anyone ever had the feeling that the time they are offered is just "bad" timing ?

My hubby has told me to schedule it as early as I can possibly get it, this would allow me to not go through another month of pads, tampons, and really bad mood swings.

Thanks for letting my voice my concerns for a second or two.

Penny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2007, 08:49 AM
Concerned about Timing

Listen to your body and schedule it for when it is convenient for you and your surgeon. Trust me, everything will survive while you recover. Believe me, I learned the hard way.
You have to think about yourself first before you can think of others.

Even with all that I have been through post-op, I would do it all over again if I had to just to get rid of the monthly problems.

Calitta
Unread 06-08-2007, 09:07 AM
Concerned about Timing

Penny -

When I confirmed my decision to proceed with my Dr, last July, the earliest time I could get was September 1st. My closure at work was Oct 1st, so I knew I would be missing a most critical month. I really sweated this. On top of that DH was to play in City Championship Golf Outing that Saturday.

I wasn't sure what to do. I was concerned if I waited, I would end up putting it off until the following April (at work its one thing after another), so I put my health first and have never felt my staff had any problem with it.

My surgical report showed more issues than had been expected and I have no doubt putting work first would have potentially caused me a more complicated recovery.

I agree with Calitta, delaying for something you want to do if medically ok is a good reason (ie Sister getting married in 3 weeks), but delaying for someone elses reason should be taken as seriously. After all, someone will always find a reason why 'now' isn't the best time for them.

Best wishes,

Julie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Concerned about Timing

Thank you Calitta and Julie
I have always been one who puts everyon elses needs before my own, and know how important this is to get done. I guess it was I wasn't quite getting the response from DH that I was hoping I would get until after I wrote this post this morning. My DH has to leave in September for 4 months, and I made the remark I would wait til he was gone (jokingly) then I wouldn't worry about his schedule. I was told no way, I would schedule this as soon as possible, even if it meant he would not be participating in his annual Hoopfest r*****g.
I do feel better though, since I wrote this post this morning, I told my boss I would not be coming back afterwards (really don't like being blamed for things we haven't done). I do have a job in the lines after the surgery and can continue to sit while working.
Thank you again ladies for your advice.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register